- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
Full or 2 part time posts
- Contract type
- Fixed term (till July 2022)
- to be agreed
We wish to appoint a dynamic Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant with experience of working with SEND children to support pupils in class, in small groups or individually on a 1:1 basis. This will be a fixed term contract until the end of the academic year in the first instance, term time only.
We would consider either 1 full time post of 2 part time posts.
Ideally you would have previous experience of working in a primary school or education setting. We also require GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent and a good standard of education.
The successful applicant must have a positive can do attitude and a passion for working with children and be:
• committed to supporting the development of children
• understanding to the needs of vulnerable children
• be able to work with children who have behavioral difficulties
• Take a calm approach to managing and deescalating difficult behavior
• consistently demonstrating high expectations,
• be able to take direction
• a team player
Please note we may interview as soon as applications are shortlisted so please do not delay in applying. The advert will close once the position is filled.
Visits to the school are encouraged so we would be happy to hear from you.
You can also visit the front page of our website to view a virtual tour https://stnicholas120.herts.sch.uk
St Nicholas School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.