SEND Teaching Assistant
This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible.
5 June 2023 at 5pm
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Term time post, 36 hours per week plus 5 days.
- Fixed term - One year contract in the first instance.
- Grade 2-3 dependent on experience £21,189-£24,054 (pro rata Term Time only plus 5 days £17,275-£19,611).
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint two well-qualified and enthusiastic SEND Teaching Assistant to join the Student Support Department. The successful candidate should be able to support a small number of pupils with additional SEND needs.This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established department in an outstanding academy.
Please see application pack for job description and person specification.
What the school offers its staff
- Generous holiday (14 days extra per year for teaching staff)
- Email curfew 5pm-7am (unless there are safeguarding/wellbeing concerns)
- Employee Assistance Programme (AXA)
- Weekly CPD sessions
- Principal has an open door policy
- Staff Enrichment
- Flexible approach to family appointments and child events
- More PPA than the local average
- Half-termly wellbeing events organised by Wellbeing Committee including seasonal treats, bacon sandwiches, fortnightly toast, annual Christmas lunch and other staff events
- Parcel collection point Half-termly staff voice group
- On-site parking
- Mental Health Coordinator
- HUB groups and HUB breakfasts
- High priority in our Y7 admissions process (see Admissions Policy on our website)
Further details about the role
Belvedere was the first independent school to become an academy and is continuing the traditions and standards of its predecessor school. We were judged outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in January 2015. We have high expectations of all our students and we support them with excellent pastoral care. Our extensive Enrichment programme allows pupils to develop into well rounded individuals. Children of our staff have a higher priority in our Y7 admissions process - please see the Admissions Policy on our website or call the academy office for further details.
The Belvedere Academy and the GDST are committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
About The Belvedere Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 990 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Belvedere Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0151 727 1284
Similar jobs nearby
Neston High School
Raby Park Road, Neston, Cheshire, CH64 9NH
Blacon High School, A Specialist Sports College
Melbourne Road, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 5JH
Maghull High School
Ormonde Drive, Liverpool, Merseyside, L31 7AW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Liverpool and Merseyside