Thank you for your interest in the post of Teaching & Learning Assistant at our school. This post will be a fixed term, temporary contract initially until 31st August 2024 (subject to review after this date depending on funding and pupil numbers), starting as soon as possible working 13 hours per week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, dedicated and supportive person to join our friendly team. The right candidate will work alongside the class teacher and other agency professionals in a role which will support pupils to access the curriculum in the most effective way, appropriate to their needs and understanding.
We can offer the successful candidate, high quality continuing professional development and training, as well as opportunities to innovate, excel and develop.
Working at Somercotes Infant School, you will be part of the LEARNERs’ Trust, a large MAT operating across, Derby, Derbyshire and Rotherham. The trust is a close community of schools that collaborate at every level to support the achievement of pupils and staff.
The descriptions below of our ‘why’, ‘how’ and ‘what’ define the work we are developing as a Trust. They are an aspiration, and we are always striving to achieve them.
We ensure our ‘why’, ‘how’ and ‘what’ hold us to account for the work we do.
Why do we exist?
Our purpose is to ensure every LEARNER has choices about their future
- Our first job is to support and extend learning for pupils to provide them with the skills and knowledge to make those choices.
- Our second job is to make sure no child is ignored, no family is unsupported and no life is wasted, by providing intervention at the earliest opportunity.
- Our responsibility to education is to provide an environment where practitioners can collaborate, learn from each other, take risks and reflect.
How will we act?
We will use our purpose as a driver for our culture, ensuring we are;
Connected (sharing information openly, broadly and deliberately)
Helpful (embracing servant leadership and use initiative to solve the problem)
Organised (employing efficient strategies and trust colleagues to deliver)
Informed (asking coaching questions to understand what is happening)
Candid (disagreeing openly and compassionately)
Effective (only retaining our best elements and looking for continuous improvement)
Simple (avoiding complexity and increasing clarity)
What is our strategy?
We will use our culture to ensure the work of the Trust;
· Focuses on creating capacity (time and resources) for schools
· Ensures support is agile, providing intervention at the earliest opportunity
· Supports schools to employ and invest in the best educators for children
· Seeks continuous improvement and disruptive innovation
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
We would warmly encourage you to contact the school on: (01773) 608678 to speak with Mrs Helina Kirkup - the Executive Head Somercotes Infant School, about the role.
This job post has expired.