Merrydale Junior Primary School
Part -time SENDCo Appointment 0.60 or 0.80 ( 3 or 4 days per week will be considered for the right applicant)
SENDCo Allowance pro rata to reflect the FTE.
Grade/Salary MPS/UPS plus SEN allowance
Fixed-Term until Easter 2024
we are seeking to appoint a SENDCo :
- To lead, manage, develop and maintain high quality SEND provision which enables quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils.
- To model effective teaching, to coach and train colleagues and to teach across the school.
- To keep all aspects of paperwork including records, policies and SEND school offer up-to-date and actioned, as appropriate.
- To contribute to raising standards of pupil achievement and progress.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal growth and enjoyment.
Person Specification :
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Detailed understanding of SEND Code of practice
- Successful experience of working with children with special educational needs
- Success in teaching of children, with a clear understanding of the teaching provision required for pupils with a range of abilities and needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
For a full job description and person specification, and to assist in your application, please see the documents attached
To learn more about the School please see Advert attached
What We Can Offer You:
- Flexible working options
- Support for continuous professional
development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other
organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make
a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the
pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Retain discounts
- Dental support
- Gym membership discounts
Why Choose Us:
It is our mission to provide our pupils with a stimulating and engaging curriculum in a safe and secure environment. We believe that emotional wellbeing is essential in developing positive behaviour and academic success. We value and respect all individuals and our ethos gives our community the confidence to achieve their full potential and to be the best that they can be, and in doing so make a positive contribution to society.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. DSAT has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.