SENDCO and Class Teacher
This job expired on 19 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
19 April 2023 at 9am
28 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time
- Main Pay Range to Upper Pay Range (depending on experience)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Successful previous teaching experience
- Experience of working at a whole-school level
- Successful previous SENDCO experience (desirable)
- Providing training and support in areas related to SEND (desirable)
- Experience of working with the Nottinghamshire systems and approaches to SEND (desirable)
- Sound knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice
- Understanding of what makes ‘quality first’ teaching, and of effective intervention strategies
- Knowledge of National Curriculum and Early Years Framework
- Knowledge of effective teaching and learning strategies
- Knowledge of effective behaviour management strategies
- Ability to adapt teaching to meet the needs of the children
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Good record-keeping skills
- High degree of attention to detail
What the school offers its staff
- A commitment to people across our partnership, underpinned by our people principles; adaptability, wellness, recognising achievement, employee voice and engagement, professional development and growth, and inclusivity and collaboration.
- Access to the suite of NPQs, delivered through our very own Teaching School Hub.
- Access to the National Award for SEN Co-ordination (if you do not already hold this).
- A commitment to sufficient release time, to support you in your role (initially 2 days release time).
- Access to extensive, high-quality CPL at every stage of your career, including the opportunity to grow and develop as a leader.
- The opportunity to progress across the partnership, realising your career ambitions.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme, including access to specialist support and services including counselling, financial support, and legal advice.
- The opportunity to be part of one of the best schools in the universe.
- A fantastic working environment, in a team that works together for the benefit of children in our schools.
Further details about the role
We are looking to appoint a dynamic SENDCO to shape our inclusive culture by inspiring and supporting colleagues to break down barriers to enabling every child to reach their potential. You will be passionate about ensuring that children get the highest quality of education, leading by example, modelling high-quality, supportive and engaging teaching for pupils.
You will be joining an exceptional and supportive team of professionals who are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and our mission to make every day count for the children. We will strive to deliver learning experiences to engage and instil a curiosity to find out more. Our goal is to develop individuals who ask why, therefore becoming life-long learners and visionaries, with aspirations ready for the challenges of the future in an ever-changing world. Each of our individual roles has an impact on the future of our children, and so we put them at the heart of the decisions we make and the services we provide.
Your core duties will be:
- Shaping an inclusive culture where all children thrive.
- Maintaining the day-to-day operation of the SEND policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEND.
- Ensuring that the school’s SEND provision meets the needs of all children across the school, whilst modelling this in your own practice.
- Establishing systems in line with Trust good practices, training and supporting staff and liaising with parents, children and external agencies.
- Balancing the roles and responsibilities or a SENDCO with those of a class teacher.
- Ensuring high-quality teaching and learning which promotes great progress for all.
- Good classroom practitioner with high expectations.
- Modelling positive behaviour management through effective, positive strategies.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Alderman Pounder Infant and Nursery School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 7
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 247 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 7
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
We may seem like a typical school but inside our building, magical things happen. Our team make a tremendous effort to get to know each child to enable them to grow into strong, independent, life-long learners, who live our values and take them with them as they grow older. In our school, children, and their best interest, lie at the centre of everything we do. We are a 2-form entry infant and nursery school who work to make a difference to the children and families in our community. Therefore, our school motto captures this aspiration: Making a difference as we grow together.
Arranging a visit to Alderman Pounder Infant and Nursery School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Assistant Headteacher and SENDCo
Coton-in-the-Elms Cof E Primary School
Elmslea Avenue, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE12 8HE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire and Nottingham