Teacher, Leadership, SEN specialist
UPS + SEN Allowance depending on experience
Due to the retirement of our current SENDCo, Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint an excellent practitioner to join our leadership team and further develop the provision and support for SEND children in our care. We are a two form entry primary with an attached nursery on the outskirts of St. Austell, Cornwall with over 450 children on roll. The successful applicant will be responsible for leading and developing the SEND provision within the school and will have a proven record of expertise in special educational needs. In addition to this, the successful candidate will also have class teaching responsibilities for 2 days a week.
We require someone who:
• Has previous experience or has a strong understanding of SEND
• Has SENDCo experience and/or the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co Ordination (if not achieved, has a commitment to undertaking this training and should have a strong understanding of SEND)
• Is (or has been) as Designated Lead for Safeguarding (or has a desire to undertake this role, with some Safeguarding experience)
• Has a secure knowledge of the SEN code of practice
• Is highly motivated and able to effectively manage their timetable across a large school
• Is able to lead on SEND across the school, providing CPD and support for staff where required
• Is able to build effective working relationships with professionals and families.
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner, preferably with KS1 experience (not essential)
This is an exciting role and is one which offers ample opportunity to develop your leadership abilities. The successful candidate will work collaboratively as part of a hardworking, caring team of staff and Governors. You will be part of the Senior Leadership Team within the school, alongside the Headteacher, Deputy and Assistant Headteachers and will work closely with our Pastoral Team.
Applying for the job
Application forms and full details are available to download from www.celtrust.org or alternatively please email email@example.com Applications by CV, letter or social media alone will not be accepted.