Ark Victoria Academy is seeking a committed and passionate SENDCO Assistant to join our Secondary Phase. Under the direction of the SENDCO you will co-ordinate the support and provision for pupils with special needs. You will plan and work to ensure pupils have successful inclusion into mainstream schooling to maximise their opportunities for effective learning and achievement.
The successful candidate will:
· have experience of working with Secondary students in a similar role
· be enthusiastic and have a flexible approach to work
· be a graduate and have evidence of English and Maths at GCSE (A-C) or equivalent
· have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
About Ark Victoria Academy
Aim high, be brave, be kind, keep learning!
Ark Victoria Academy is a high performing school across all key stages, providing pupils with a unique journey in their education through the curriculum, personal development programme, student experience offer and the vast range of opportunities that we are able to provide as an all-through school. 73% of all grades awarded at GCSE 2023 are grade 4 and above, against a national figure of 68%. 67% of students gained a grade 4 or above for English and maths. At KS2 82% of pupils gained the expected standard in reading, writing and maths, against a national figure of 59%. 87% of our pupils achieved the expected standard in reading and 85% in maths. Our provisional P8 score of +0.55, which based on last year's results would place us in the top 20% of all schools.
Whilst being a large school, we are able to retain a family feel, to nurture our pupils through their schooling and ensure that they leave us with the skills and qualifications necessary to continue their journey of life-long learning in a university or career of their choice.
It's for this reason that Ark Victoria Academy was judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in May 2019, with a strong emphasis on expert subject knowledge from our teachers, strong teaching and leadership and a focus on excellence for our students and staff.
Find out more about us on https://arkvictoria.org/
Why work for our school?
Hear what our teachers have to say about working at Ark Victoria Academy: https://arkvictoria.org/page-strips/hear-our-team-0
- We take CPD seriously, which is why we offer twice the number of training days as standard
- Our school’s ‘Wellbeing Wednesdays’ are a great hit – get in touch to find out more
- Our staff can take advantage of our on-site fitness suite
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering up to £1,000 a year in savings from over 3,000 major retailers
- Interest-free loans of up to £5,000 available for season tickets or a bicycles
- Gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
For an informal, conversation about the role please contact HR Manager, Kelly Mubarik on 0121 393 4459 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details of this vacancy, please click HERE.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
This job post has expired.