Working pattern:Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 3:00pm (flexibility required to meet needs of the school/pupils)
Hilltop Junior School is one of six schools that form the HEARTS Academy Trust. We have an exciting opportunity for a SENDCo Assistant to join our fantastic team. The key focus of the role is to assist in leading and managing the provision of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities learning support; and to take on the role of SENDCo Assistant to support high quality teaching. To provide effective use of resources and effective systems and processes to ensure good provision for pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
The primary role of the SENDCo Assistant is to support the day-to-day operational work of the SENDCo.
This includes but is not limited to:
- uphold and promote HEARTS values in all aspects of your work
- assist in the leadership of learning support staff
- assist the SENDCo in leading the provision for special educational needs within school, liaising with the Headteacher as required
- manage appropriate SEND resources and to ensure that they are used efficiently, effectively and safely
- develop curriculum resources to ensure that pupils with SEND have the necessary levels of support
- support the SENDCo in managing the implementation of an inclusive curriculum
- support the SENDCo in sustaining the effective teaching of pupils with SEND across the school leading to high quality outcomes
- teach groups as allocated by the SENDCo and/or the Head of School
- cover classes if requested
Why choose HEARTS Academy Trust as your new employer?
The HEARTS way of working is based on our values of happiness, self-esteem, achievement, respect and responsibility, truth and service, all of which are embedded within each of our schools.
We offer an excellent CPD entitlement with purposeful training, including Trust-wide twilights throughout the year, a two-week October half term, supportive colleagues who want to provide the best possible opportunities for their pupils, a highly effective learning environment, a responsive and involved leadership team, a Trust with a highly positive culture that supports all staff; mental health, workload and wellbeing are at the forefront of our vision and values, access to our trust counsellor and network of Mental Health and Wellbeing champions and flexible working including home working.
HEARTS Academy Trust offers a comprehensive rewards and benefits package to all colleagues, including but not limited to:
- "Every HEARTS Matters" Employee discounts and benefits scheme
- Pension schemes (LGPS/TPS)
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to our trust Counsellor
- Additional weeks leave during October
This job post has expired.