Capital City Academy are seeking an inspirational SENDCO with a passion for the education of SEND students to start in January 2020. The SEND department is well established and good practice for SEND students is embedded within the Academy. The successful candidate will be a strong teacher, be reflective and innovative and will share the school’s vision and the belief that Capital City Academy will provide an exceptional environment to promote a passion for learning and discovery, enabling all learners to succeed.
You will be:
• an inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
• passionate about SEND student achievement and welfare.
• able to combine a thorough implementation of the SEND code of practice with pastoral concern for SEND students
• equipped to deliver strong classroom management.
• a good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills
• committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Essential educational requirements
Educated to degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Child Protection Level 1
Essential skills and experience
• Track record of achieving outstanding results with SEND pupils.
• A thorough understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and equal opportunities legislation.
• Experience of creating, implementing and evaluating plans for pupils who have difficulty accessing the curriculum.
• Data analysis skills, and the ability to use data to inform provision planning
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Have integrity, optimism, credibility, resilience, calmness and a sense of proportion.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a school which places a high priority on achievement for all
• Excellent CPD provision
• A school that values wellbeing
• Inner London pay scales
• An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
About Capital City Academy
Capital City Academy is an amazing and vibrant place. In 2003, it opened as one of the first ever academies, offering a high quality education within a fantastic, state of the art building. The dramatic all-glass design creates a sense of high expectations among staff and students. Our values of Determination, Integrity, Curiosity and Empathy inform all our work and we provide an exceptional environment for learning and discovery. The enthusiasm, discipline and ambition of our students combined with the high expectations, outstanding teaching and creative dedication of our staff makes Capital a fantastic place to study, work and grow. We believe that working at Capital City Academy is exciting and rewarding; we are committed to continual staff development and are confident that the ethos and support on offer makes Capital a very enjoyable place to work. Our students right across the school are a fantastic group of young people who deserve the very best. In September 2017 we launched our new curriculum with a 3-year KS4 alongside a smart new uniform. Our website clearly demonstrates the pride that the students have in their uniform and other aspects of the school, it also showcases the range of activities on offer. We were rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in January 2019 and we believe that we offer an outstanding education in many ways. We are immensely proud of the Sports and Arts specialisms and the many opportunities and partnerships that this provides for our students. We would be more than happy to speak to you informally or show you around as we know that the facilities, staff and students are our greatest asset! We are confident that when you visit Capital City Academy, talk to our students, staff and parents, hear first-hand about the opportunities and successes of our school and see the wonderful facilities - you will want to join us.
- Doyle Gardens, London, NW10 3ST
- Capital City Academy website (opens in a new window)