• Assist the Headteacher in formulating the school aims and objectives and policies for their implementation – particularly those relating to Inclusive Practice.
• Joint responsibility for the progress – cognitive, emotional and social needs of the children with EHC plans for speech and/or language need, with close liaison with the class teacher and SALT
• Be involved in the planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of the school curriculum through the School Development Plan and feeding back to the SLT.
• Support all staff in achieving the priorities and targets the school sets and monitor the progress towards meeting them.
• Through leadership meetings, contribute to the school’s organisation and overall strategy of the school.
• Give leadership to staff in organising and implementing an appropriate curriculum for the school particularly for pupils with special educational needs, specific linguistic and cultural needs and those who are gifted and talented.
• Assist the Headteacher in giving strategic direction to develop a positive and constructive partnership with parents and the local community.
Applying for the job
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a school application.
Caroline Haslett Primary is a big school with a small school ethos. Our last Ofsted report graded us as Outstanding. A unifying focus on pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is woven through everyday interactions and the curriculum. As a result, the school is a harmonious and respectful place in which pupils thrive. Ofsted June 2019
Anyone who visits Caroline Haslett will know that there is a special feeling that permeates the corridors and classrooms. Children and staff build incredibly strong relationships with each other. Behaviour is outstanding and because of this, the school has a calm and positive atmosphere. It really is a safe and caring place where everyone has the opportunity to do what they do best: children get to learn and teachers get to teach!
Arranging a visit to Caroline Haslett Primary School
Visits to school are not currently available due to COVID. However, any questions relating to the role can be discussed with our current SENDCo via telephone or email.