About us and the role
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding SENCo/Inclusion Lead to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate and committed to improving all aspects of school life relating to children with Special Education Needs.
Krishna Avanti Primary School, a faith designated (Hindu) school, looking for an enthusiastic individual to fulfil the role of
SENDco & Inclusion Lead. You will be well supported by colleagues in all aspects of your professional development.
The staff at Krishna Avanti Primary School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our pupils. All staff that work at our school subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our children. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both children and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our children to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our teachers and TAs to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment, we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all children enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What will you do?
- Determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school.
- Be responsible for progress and outcomes of pupils in receipt of PPM.
- Have clear oversight of progress and outcomes for various groups of learners ensuring they continue to make good progress.
- Have a strategic overview of provision for pupils with SEN or a disability across the school, monitoring and reviewing the quality of provision.
- Maintain an accurate SEND register and provision map.
- Provide guidance to colleagues on teaching pupils with SEN or a disability, and advise on the graduated approach to SEN support.
- Implement and lead intervention groups for pupils with SEN, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Coordinate provision that meets the pupil’s needs, and monitor its effectiveness
- Work with the principal and the Trust Inclusion Lead, to ensure the school meets its responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010 in terms of reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Sound knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
- Ability to plan and evaluate interventions
- Understanding of what makes ‘quality first’ teaching, and of effective intervention strategies
- Experience of conducting training/leading INSET
- Experience of effectively managing a team
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
To apply please click on the link below or visit our website https://www.avanticareers.org.uk/