Required as soon as possible
TLR 2c - £6,515
Accelerated pay progression for outstanding teachers
● We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated teacher to lead the provision of Special Educational Needs at John Colet School. We require an excellent practitioner who is also keen to get involved in the wider life of the school and can really inspire the students.
● It would be an advantage if the applicant could teach in the English Department.
Essential educational requirements
QTS and SENDCo Qualification
Essential skills and experience
TLR 2c - £6,515
Our strong collaborative ethos is reinforced every Tuesday afternoon when we close our school to students so that the last timetabled lesson is dedicated to departmental lesson planning.
Being able to plan lessons in advance, with time to review classes delivered and work submitted by students, is just one of the reasons teachers love working at John Colet School.
Other reasons teachers work at John Colet School (Ofsted rated – good) include;
• Good work/life balance
• Being appreciated and recognised for a job well done
• The support from colleagues and SLTs
• Respect and politeness from students
• Range of resources and support available to help achieve personal and professional goals
• Coaching and CPD workshops
• Lovely setting/environment (with plentiful, free staff parking)
• Revision sessions are well received and attended by students
• Knowing every student well and being able to offer individual support
• Staff and pupils feel safe
• Equality and diversity in the workplace is practiced
• Accelerated pay progression for outstanding teachers
• A wide variety of trips and extra-curricular activities (please see our website)
About John Colet School
Ofsted rated 'Good'
- Wharf Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP22 6HF
- John Colet School website (opens in a new window)