- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- M1 to UPS3 - £25,714 to £41,604 per year + SEN Allowance
Location: Westcliffe and Priory Lane Federation – to be based at both sites.
Priory Lane Community School and Westcliffe Primary School
Salary: MPS/UPS + SEND allowance per year – commensurate with experience
Contract Type: Permanent – to start 21st February 2022, or earlier if possible
Position Type: Full Time
The Governors and Headteachers of the Westcliffe and Priory Lane Federation are looking to appoint a passionate and highly effective Federation SENDCo to play a key role in the continued development of our Federation.
The Westcliffe and Priory Lane Federation was formed in 2015, and serves a community with slightly higher than average levels of deprivation. Both schools have a friendly and welcoming staff, who are committed to our children and their families. As Federation SENDCo, you will be expected to be a part of school life and to be flexible and adaptable in your approach in response to the priorities of each school.
The role takes a strategic lead on all aspects of SEND and inclusion to enable us to best meet the needs of all of our learners and strive for excellence in standards of education and care.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner with a proven track record
• Who is experienced and knowledgeable as a SEND specialist practitioner
• Has highly effective communication skills
• Has high expectations of achievement and behaviour for all children
• Is organised, reflective and highly motivated
• Demonstrates initiative, creativity and teamwork skills
• Is passionate about overcoming barriers to prepare our children for their future
In return, we can offer:
• The opportunity to work in a forward-thinking, inclusive federation
• A positive and friendly working environment at both schools
• Quality guidance and regular professional development opportunities
• Support from a passionate, caring and innovative leadership team
• A supportive Governing Body and school communities who are invested in their schools
COVID-secure school visits are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact the Federation Business Manager – Mrs Cheryl Alderson, preferably by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01724 844812/ 861602.
The Westcliffe and Priory Lane Federation is committed to the safety and well-being of the whole school community.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and participate in a safer recruitment process.
Closing date: 12pm on Tuesday 16th November
Shortlisting: Tuesday 16th November
Interview date: Monday 22nd November
Applying for the job
North Lincolnshire Council do not accept CVs. You must complete the application form via the 'Apply' button.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.