We are seeking a SENCo with the drive, imagination and energy to deliver excellence. The post is a key appointment in terms of enhancing and ensuring the positive life chances for our students through success and achievement. The SENCO takes responsibility for the daily implementation of the SEN policy for students with SEN and provides professional guidance in the area of SEN in order to secure quality first teaching and the effective use of resources to bring about improved standards of achievement for all students.
We require an excellent teacher who is passionate about providing young people with the best possible education whatever their background or ability. If you care about the success of all students, and have the energy to make that vision a reality, we would welcome your application
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our successful and supportive leadership team. Our dedicated staff are deeply committed to providing the highest quality educational experiences for all our children. We are passionate about ‘getting it right’ for our children, ensuring they are equipped with everything they need to succeed and thrive in life, we understand who our children are and seek to bring out the best in them by having the highest of expectations of each and everyone.
Our January 2018 Ofsted report noted:
● “Since the school opened in February 2015, the progress made by pupils has steadily improved. Pupils make outstanding progress in a wide range of subjects”
● “Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. They are polite, well-mannered and mature”
● “Every pupil observed by inspectors during this inspection had a positive attitude to their learning”
● “The progress made by disadvantaged pupils is above that made by other pupils nationally in the large majority of subjects”
● “Teaching inspires pupils to succeed. Lessons feature tasks which support and challenge pupils, from their different starting points, to make excellent progress”
● “Pupils who have SEN and/or disabilities make similar progress to their classmates. They achieve exceptionally well because teachers provide highly effective support and liaise closely with the teaching assistants”
The role of SENCo at Outwood Academy Bydales would be ideal for either an experienced leader or someone looking to make that next step. You will be supported extensively by our SEND Director team allowing you to strategically lead SEND throughout the academy, whilst having the support and advice from the Director team. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to lead SEND in a progressive, outstanding academy and be pivotal in shaping our continuing journey to world class.
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offers:
● The opportunity, should you choose, to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
● A full and comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through the Outwood Institute of Education.
Prospective applicants are welcome to contact us if they have any questions, would like any further information or to arrange a tour. Please contact Ian Middleton (Associate Vice Principal) email@example.com, or Seana Rice (Principal) firstname.lastname@example.org.
TLR2.1More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
824 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Outwood Academy Bydales
Due to a rapid increase in numbers, following our January 2018 OUTSTANDING Ofsted Report, Outwood Academy Bydales seeks applications from applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role.
Outwood Academy Bydales is an 11-16 school located in the beautiful coastal village of Marske-by-the-Sea, close to the North York Moors National Park. We are extremely proud of our tradition of serving the families of the community of Marske and surrounding areas. The academy has been part of Outwood Grange Academies Trust, nationally recognised as a high performing academy chain, since September 2014.
Our predecessor Bydales School was in special measures and joined Outwood Grange Academies Trust in February 2015. Since then the school has rapidly transformed. In 2018, alongside our Outstanding Ofsted judgement, students achieved incredible results with 89% securing 4+ in both English and Maths. Our Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores were both the highest in the North East of England, at +0.75 and 59.1 respectively. Likewise, 77% of students securing at least a 5 in both English and Maths, was also the highest in the North East in 2018
Arranging a visit to Outwood Academy Bydales