This job expired on 21 March 2023
Start date details
September 2023 start or sooner if possible.
21 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
10 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 Hours per week.
- L1 - L5
CPD and Pension
What skills and experience we're looking for
This post is a vital appointment in terms of enhancing and ensuring the positive life chances for our students through success and achievement. As such we are keen to recruit a dedicated and ambitious professional who will add value to the academy in both academic terms and through involvement in the fabric of learning and success beyond the classroom. A passion for supporting our most vulnerable students and those with barriers to learning is essential.
This outstanding individual will provide expert advice, modelled through outstanding teaching to develop the practice of all staff and will work closely with our dedicated inclusion team to support our students.
The successful candidate will be provided with the training, support and CPD needed to enable them to meet the requirements of the role and thrive within the Outwood Grange Family of Schools. They will be a suitably qualified SENDCO or someone with a willingness to achieve National SENDCO Award and will be expected to deliver approximately 15 hours of teaching per week.
Our Ofsted report published on 21st September 2022 said“Outwood Academy Easingwold is an aspirational and nurturing environment where pupils are encouraged to excel. Staff have the highest expectations of what pupils can achieve and ensure that they meet them.” They also stated "This is a caring community where pupils and staff value and appreciate each other." About our curriculum they wrote "The school’s ‘intrinsic’, ‘academic’, ‘enhancement’ and ‘elective’ curriculums combine to ensure that pupils receive an exceptional education." Are you looking to work in an outstanding school? If so, please contact Giselle Gilchrist on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
What the school offers its staff
Our academy has been voted 14th in The Times top schools in the North. We offer a high quality of education for our students and excellent career progression and training for staff. Our driving ambition is ‘Students First: Raising Standards and Transforming Lives’. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic practitioner to join our Family of Schools and work with us as part of the team that rapidly transformed the school to one that offers outstanding provision and is school of choice in its community.
We also offer:
- Your starting salary plus annual inflation linked increases. The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
- We follow the principles of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- You will be automatically enrolled into the generous Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Pay progression happens automatically on the anniversary of the target period appropriate to your role
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- We have our own Workload Charter and are committed to ensuring that Teachers’ workloads are manageable
- All teachers receive an allotted minimum of two hours CPD each week
- Access to centralised resources to support with lesson planning and reducing workload
- Comprehensive induction and training process
You will also be automatically enrolled into our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you and your family members free access to:
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues
- Emotional support and counselling for a wide range of personal and work issues
- Legal guidance
- Financial guidance and debt counselling
- Child and dependent care support and advice
- Support for managers
We are also a wellbeing employer with a dedicated wellbeing policy and menopause policy, along with menopause champions based in our academies. Other benefits include:
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts such as competitively priced Synergy Car Leasing
- Access to various discount sites
Further details about the role
About Outwood Academy Easingwold
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 663 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Outwood Academy Easingwold website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Outwood Academy Easingwold
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in York