Full time or Part time
(0.8fte with PPA cover 0.2fte or Part time considered)
Required from 6th January 2020
We are looking for an experienced and creative SENDCo to join our dedicated and supportive team.
Our school is recognised locally for its excellent provision for children with additional needs. The current SENDCo has worked closely with staff and external agencies to build up a comprehensive and fully inclusive environment in which the experienced staff enable children with a broad range of needs to make good progress. 23% of the current cohort are on the Special Educational Needs register of which 10 children are in receipt of HLN funding. 4 children have EHC plans.
The academy, located in Arnold, Nottingham, is welcoming and friendly. There are extensive grounds and surroundings with real scope for outdoor learning and creativity. Pupils enjoy coming to the school where they are offered a broad range of opportunities specifically designed to ensure personal development and academic achievement. Parents, community members and professional colleagues speak highly of the provision offered at Robert Mellors Primary.
Robert Mellors Primary Academy is part of the Redhill Academy Trust. The academy is also a member of Redhill Teaching School Alliance and as such there are excellent CPD opportunities and the chance to work alongside other high performing schools in the region.
Visits to the school are recommended. Please contact Emma Essex – Headteacher - on the academy telephone number.
An application form can be downloaded from our trust website or by contacting Hayley Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date for applications: 12pm, Monday 14th October 2019
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher status (QTS)
Essential skills and experience
• contribute to a positive ethos in which all pupils have access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum;
• ensure that the school carries out its statutory responsibilities regarding all students with an EHC Plan
• support all staff in understanding the needs of pupils with identified SEND and ensure that objectives to develop SEND are reflected in the school development plan;
• regularly monitor progress of objectives and targets for pupils with SEND from teachers' plans, evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning by work analysis and use these analyses to guide future improvements;
• analyse and interpret relevant school, local and national data and advise the head teacher on the level of resources required to maximise achievement;
• liaise with staff, parents, external agencies and other schools to co-ordinate their contribution, provide maximum support and ensure continuity of provision.
About Robert Mellors Primary Academy
- Bonington Drive, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 7EX
- Robert Mellors Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)