SENDCo (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator)
28 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
9 March 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 2 days per week of SENDCo time and an additional 1 to 3 days of PPA cover (we can be flexible for the right person)
- MPS (3-6) + TLR
MPS (3-6) + TLR
What skills and experience we're looking for
SENDCo Job Role:
As a SENDCo, you'll be an experienced teacher with a passion for supporting pupils with special educational needs. Working closely with the Principal, Trust SENDCo and other colleagues, you'll develop and use your specialist knowledge and understanding to raise educational attainment by leading provision in our Academy for pupils with special educational needs. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the Academy’s and Trust’s SEND strategy and supporting class teachers and support staff in implementing and monitoring support plans.
This role will initially involve you working closely with the IFPT’s Trust SENDCo in supporting the needs of AVPA. The role will grow and evolve as our Academy grows over the next few years. Experience of working with SEND pupils is necessary but you do not need to hold a SEND qualification at this stage. There is a teaching commitment of between 1 and 3 days (to suit the right applicant) with 2 days release to carry out SEND responsibilities.
Does this sound like you?
- You are child-centred and put children’s best interests at the heart of your teaching.
- You are an exceptional classroom practitioner; able to engage, motivate and inspire all children.
- You have a passion for providing opportunities that enable all children to flourish and grow.
- You have high aspirations of yourself and others – demonstrating tenacity and ambition.
- You are committed to personal and professional development and thrive in a culture of learning.
- You have enthusiasm and the qualities of a strong team member and leader.
- You embrace challenge and relish the opportunity to grow.
- You embody core moral values such as integrity, resilience and respect.
Excellent teamwork and communication skills, patience, resilience, the ability to make a difference with pupils who have a range of social, emotional and mental health needs.
What the school offers its staff
In turn, we offer you:
- A chance to work alongside amazing children who are keen to learn and have high aspirations
- An opportunity to work alongside a highly professional, committed and talented staff team
- An opportunity to grow and develop as a professional through high quality bespoke personal and professional development including undertaking the new Leadership SEND NPQ when it is launched
- A brand new, state-of-the-art building with dedicated facilities and spaces for supporting learning
- A vibrant and inclusive community
- An opportunity to work and develop in an academy with a strong sense of moral and educational purpose, with an embedded Trust culture of learning from one another
- A commitment to well-being and reduced workload.
Further details about the role
For more information about our Academy please visit our website www.abbeyviewprimaryacademy.org.uk or to discuss the role further please contact our Principal, Ms M Mirza, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone:01494 939830
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed but need to be arranged in advance.
Please email: email@example.com or call: 01296 255000 to arrange a visit.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete the attached IFPT application form, which includes a personal statement that should outline your suitability for the post by referring to the job description and person specification.
Please send completed applications, alongside a covering letter, to Ms M Mirza by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: Sept 2023
- Closing Date of Application : 17th April 2023
- Interviews to be held: 19th April 2023
Early applications are encouraged, we reserve the right to interview strong applicants before the closing date of this advert
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Abbey View Primary Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 152 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Abbey View Primary Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01494 939830
About us: Abbey View Primary Academy is a new, state of the art academy in the heart of the Pine Trees Development in High Wycombe. We opened our doors in September 2019 and serve the nursery and primary education needs of our new community and new housing development. In September 2023, we will be opening our Year 6 class. The Academy will continue to grow, year-on-year, to a two-form entry primary academy, offering places from Nursery to Year 6 and wraparound care provision. Abbey View is a vibrant academy where children are enthusiastic and motivated to achieve. We want our children not just to achieve, but to exceed expectations and attain the very best results they can academically, creatively and personally. Our pupils take ownership of their learning, becoming highly aspirational and resilient learners. Our motto is ‘Learning Today…Leading Tomorrow’ and this underpins everything we do. There is no doubt that Abbey View is an exciting place to be – for children, staff, parents and the local community.
Arranging a visit to Abbey View Primary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCo)
Wooden Hill Primary and Nursery School
Staplehurst, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8DB
Chalgrove Community Primary School
High Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX44 7ST
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in High Wycombe and Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes