This job expired on 5 June 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 9am
10 May 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 0.8 FTE
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated SENDCo to join our new federation of two schools, St James Primary in Elstead and St Mary’s Infants in Shackleford. Itwill involve working across both schools. You will be responsible for SEND provision and its development and contributing to the federation's overall leadership.
St James in particular has an excellent local reputation for inclusion, with highly developed SEND provision delivered by passionate well trained staff. We put high quality inclusion at the centre of what we do and are looking to further strengthen this across both schools.
The role will provide a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to help shape the direction of the new federation, further develop our SEND provision and be part of a dynamic leadership team.
The SENDCO role is part time (0.8) and non-class-based but there is potential for this to be combined with additional 0.2 teaching role within school, for the right candidate.
We are looking for a someone who:
• Supports and can promote the values and Christian ethos of our school
• Has at least 3 years teaching experience in mainstream primary
• Holds QTS and a minimum of an undergraduate degree
• Holds the National Award SENCO Qualification or be willing to complete this within 3 years, if not already held
• Has experience of leadership at a middle or senior level
• Is completing/or has completed the NPQSL or similar
• Can demonstrate recent and outstanding understanding of the current SEN developments, theory and provision
• Has experience of identification, curricular planning and progress monitoring of students with SEND
• Demonstrates excellent communication and organisational skills
• Is a team player and can develop effective relationship with colleagues, pupils and parents
What the school offers its staff
In return, we can offer:
• A first class learning and working environment
• Welcoming and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and enjoy learning
• A successful and friendly team of staff: teachers, teaching assistants and governors who are passionate about teaching and learning
• Support with your own professional development
• Opportunities to progress and develop teaching and leadership skills within our Federation
Further details about the role
Informal conversations are welcomed and a visit to both schools is highly encouraged. Please contact the St James school office on 01252 70248 directly.
Salary: Dependent on candidate’s experience, range from MPS to Leadership scale, plus SENCO allowance.
Closing date: Monday 5th June at 9.00am (candidates will be short listed on 6th June)
Interviews: Monday 12th June – all morning.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St James CofE Aided Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 196 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01252 703248
St James is a friendly, Christian school, situated in the village of Elstead. Being a primary school we provide a seamless education over seven years, until the children move onto their secondary school. Our school provides a happy, challenging learning environment, based on a Christian ethos, where all the children are encouraged, supported and nurtured. We have high expectations for learning, noted by Ofsted, and we focus on ‘bringing out the best’ in every child.
Arranging a visit to St James CofE Aided Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Surrey