Captains Primary School
Permanent SENDCo & Teacher Appointment
SENDCo 80% & Teacher 20%
Grade/Salary MPS/UPS plus SEN allowance (pro rata 80%)
32.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
The role of SENDCo for four days (80%) is vital to ensure the needs of the children and the children in the Captains Nest are meet. The one day in class (20%) will be to job share with another member of staff.
we are seeking to appoint a SENDCo :
- To lead, manage, develop and maintain high quality SEND provision which enables quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils.
- To model effective teaching, to coach and train colleagues and to teach across the school.
- To keep all aspects of paperwork including records, policies and SEND school offer up-to-date and actioned, as appropriate.
- To contribute to raising standards of pupil achievement and progress.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal growth and enjoyment.
Person Specification :
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A well written, well-constructed and succinct application which expresses clarity of thinking with regard to the requirements of the post, personal career aspirations and an understanding of current educational issues
- Detailed understanding of SEND Code of practice
- Successful experience of working with children with special educational needs
- Success in teaching of children, with a clear understanding of the teaching provision required for pupils with a range of abilities and needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
What We Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- A team of friendly, supportive & hardworking colleagues.
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Academy Trust
- Pension Scheme
- On site parking
- Talk to us about flexible working
Why Choose Us:
It is our mission to provide our pupils with a stimulating and engaging curriculum in a safe and secure environment. We believe that emotional wellbeing is essential in developing positive behaviour and academic success. We value and respect all individuals and our ethos gives our community the confidence to achieve their full potential and to be the best that they can be, and in doing so make a positive contribution to society.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. DSAT has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Closing Date for Applications: 20 March 2023
Interview Date: W/c 27 March 2023
Start Date: To commence Summer Term 2023
This job post has expired.