£45,434 - £55,338 per year(L4 - L12 (5 point range to be agreed depending on skills and experience)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, dynamic and solution focused SENDCO to join the SEND Team at Whickham. This exciting opportunity will see the successful candidate play a vital role in implementing the new SEND strategy.
The SENDCO, under the direction of the Assistant Headteacher, will:
• determine the strategic development of special educational needs or disabilities policy and provision in the school;
• be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the SEND policy and coordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEND and ensure they make good progress;
• be responsible for the ARMS provision to support individual ASD pupils and ensure they make good progress;
• ensure that SEND provision is quality assured at all levels;
• provide professional guidance and specialist training to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies;
• ensure statutory requirements of SEND code of practice are met and keep up to date with best practice and
• liaise with external agencies to ensure high quality SEND provision.
We have recently undertaken a radical re-structure of our SEND provision and the successful candidate will work in an exciting, fast-paced and highly motivated, yet supportive environment. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards for behaviour, engagement and academic outcomes. At Whickham School, we value all of our pupils and ensure that they are seen as individuals with differing interests, knowledge, skills and needs. We have an inclusive ethos and strive to increase the learning and participation of all pupils, ensuring access to an appropriate curriculum.
SEND is seen as a whole-school issue, hence the responsibility of everyone. Every teacher is a teacher of every young person, including those with SEND or any other additional need. We work closely with our children, families and a wide range of professionals to ensure the best possible educational outcomes.
Applying for the job
Applications should be submitted by 3pm on Thursday 13 May 2021. Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 17 May 2021.
More on how to apply
For full details, all supporting documents, and to apply, please follow the link shown.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1601 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Whickham School
Whickham School is a large and successful school in Gateshead with over 1700 students including approximately 350 our high performing sixth form. Demand for student places strong the regularly oversubscribed. Students are organised into year groups whilst eight faculties deliver curriculum. The Sixth Form, which has its own dedicated facility, an increasingly popular choice of from all local area. In January 2020 many moved brand new, state art, STEAMS themed building. stunning four storey building houses Science, Technology (plus Business IT), Engineering, Art, Maths Sport. Leadership Team meet weekly share responsibility policy generation, decision making, planning general wellbeing school. relevant governing body committee involved strategic policies onset. Faculty Year every two weeks to discuss issues
Arranging a visit to Whickham School
Please contact Nicola Graham on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.