This job expired on 19 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
19 March 2023 at 11:59pm
1 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, permanent contract
- QTS pay scale plus inner London weighting and TLR
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the effective leadership of the school.
- Promote, monitor and support student learning and be responsible for the progress of students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Be responsible for leading, managing and developing staff in the SEND department.
- Raise standards of student attainment and attitudes to learning of students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Ensure effective coordination of all aspects of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Provision.
- Maintain the school’s register of SEND pupils and collate and update related records, ensuring they are available for reference with due consideration for confidentiality.
What the school offers its staff
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
Must hold qualified teacher status and have SENDco qualification.
- Opportunities for career progression
- Excellent professional development
- A contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
- Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
- An employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loans
- Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
- Excellent catering facilities
- Secure on-site parking
- A focus on wellbeing with a dedicated wellbeing committee to liaise with SLT
Further details about the role
Teaching is the most rewarding job in the world. We have the opportunity to change students’ lives for the better and you could make a positive impact at Woolwich Polytechnic for Girls as SENDCo.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional SENDCo. An individual who will promote a positive profile of the SEND department to staff, pupils, parents, carers and the wider community as well as providing professional guidance to staff to secure outstanding teaching for SEND pupils. The successful candidate will lead and support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Woolwich Polytechnic school for Girls
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 714 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
PolyMAT is a small and ambitious MAT with a unique family feel. Our vision is ‘Success for Everyone’ which places inclusion and well-being at its heart. We currently have two schools in our Trust: Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a long-successful boys’ school, and Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls that opened in 2019 and will comprise Years 7 – 11 from September 2023. We also have our flourishing Sixth Form provision which is co-educational. Following the success of our first ever Ofsted inspection at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, we are looking for dedicated teachers that will join us on our journey in delivering an outstanding education for all our students. By joining us, you will play a vital role in supporting our girls to grow as women whose voices are heard and respected. Through this, we hope that they will become influential mothers, sisters, carers, friends and, ultimately, successful and happy members of society. As a school community and Trust, we place significant value on our professional working relationships with others. Therefore, we are looking for individuals who will be committed to forming strong relationships with other colleagues and stakeholders so that we can be united in achieving our shared vision and goals. Our Trust and our schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards delivered through our values of Care and Unity. We provide a rewarding environment where students and staff feel valued and supported. Working for PolyMAT may also present the unique opportunity for staff to teach across both schools and for candidates to join our recruitment pool for further openings.
Arranging a visit to Woolwich Polytechnic school for Girls
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Esher Church of England High School
More Lane, Esher, Surrey, KT10 8AP
Harris Academy Merton
Wide Way, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 1BP
Woolwich Polytechnic school for Girls
1 Birchdene Drive, Thamesmead, SE28 8RF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed