About the role
This is a full time role of 37 hours per week in office hours.The role is offered as a term time only role (38 weeks of the year). The successful candidate will share our ambitions for our students, and be motivated to help our students and their families have the best experience of school. You will enjoy working in a busy environment, where no two days are the same. You will like working within a team, and feeling part of both our friendly admin team and the wider school staff. You will be confident with IT and keen to learn new skills as the school grows.
What we are looking for
- Ability to communicate with parents, visitors and staff in a professional approachable manner, dealing with queries promptly and accurately
- High attention to detail to ensure work is completed accurately
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet and other IT skills with the ability to use IT to work more efficiently and effectively
- Good team member, supporting and being supported by other members of the office team
- Strong admin skills and organisation skills
- Previous administrative experience in a busy office environment, although not necessarily a school environment
- Flexible, positive and open minded
Why work at the Swan
- Term time only working, 38 weeks per year
- Opportunities to increase hours and move onto new roles as the school grows
- Annual pay increases for support staff (in line with grade boundaries)
- A Defined Benefit Pension Scheme (LGPS) with favourable terms for all employees
- Moving from the public sector? Those without a break in service can be reassured that RLT will recognise their continuous service
- Employee centred and family friendly policies and practises that support you in and beyond your workplace
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity leave, paternity leave, and parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Funded eye test and glasses for DSE users (subject to T/Cs)
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for details about the role and what you would be doing as Senior Administrator.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone about this post, please contact email@example.com or call us on 01865 416070 to arrange an appointment. Please contact us if you have any queries regarding the application process.
Education has the power to change lives, communities and society for the better. At RLT we believe that we can achieve more for our pupils, trainees, staff and communities by working together rather than alone. Schools in RLT are united by a common belief in the benefits of working together, and by our commitment to shared principles.
OUR VISION is for our schools and SCITT to improve rapidly, continuously and sustainably: to be better faster together.
OUR ‘WHY?’ is that children and young people ‘only get one go’ in school and therefore as part of RLT we aim to ensure the best possible ‘go’ for our pupils.
OUR ‘HOW?’ is through the highest support and challenge for our schools and each other, underpinned by our principles.
Our employees benefit from a wide variety of support including extensive continuing professional learning and development opportunities, wellbeing and staff networks and access to Defined Benefit Pension Schemes (TPS and LGPS) for all staff. For more information on what it is like to work for the Trust, and the benefits you could access, please see our “Working in RLT” guide.
This role includes regulated activity relevant to children.
Applications should be submitted via our recruitment portal MyNewTerm. Should you wish for a confidential conversation with Laura Hook, about the role, prior to application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be considered as they are submitted and The Swan School reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement early if a suitable candidate is found.
The River Learning Trust and the Swan School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism. The Trust is required to conduct a variety of checks and online searches about you as part of their recruitment process in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. It is an offence to apply for certain roles within schools if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
For all RLT Safer Recruitment Documentation candidates should click on the following link RLT Safer Recruitment Documents for Candidates. Please see our website for up to date policies including our Child Protection and Behaviour Policies. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. For further guidance for applicants click on this link list of offences that are not filtered
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.