- Main pay range 3 to Main pay range 6, £29664 to £36961
Senior Class Teacher job summary
This post will be paid within the Main Pay Scale 4-6 or Upper Pay Scale, dependant on experience.
Required for September 2022, we are looking for a passionate, talented and experienced classroom practitioner to join our dynamic organisation. The successful candidate will lead a Year 1/2 class and take on the role of Senior Teacher and its associated responsibilities. The role would suit a teacher with a real ambition to develop their career further and support others to reach their full potential, whilst developing their knowledge of whole-school leadership. In an exciting period of change for the school, the position offers an opportunity for the candidate to support the implementation of a curriculum that aims to enable all children to become the best version of themselves.
The Trust offer the prospect of teaching in a range of settings, being empowered to develop your own expert knowledge and skills and the chance to support others in their professional journey. You will be part of a proficient team dedicated to improving the outcomes for all our children, where your work-life balance will be promoted. We offer you the support of clear systems, protocols, expectations and structures to help you to succeed within the role.
You will need to be an inspirational and reflective practitioner who shows initiative, resilience, creativity and demonstrates the aptitude and professionalism to work as part of a successful and growing team that is driven to improve the life chances of our pupils. We expect you to effectively liaise with parents, stakeholders and the community. The School leaders will recognise and develop your expertise and skills to ensure career development.
We want you to come and join our positive learning environment, where our consistent vision is that through collaboration we will always be ‘Stronger Together’.
What we are looking for in a candidate is:
• A commitment to developing your own practice through engagement in professional learning in order to effectively implement the most current teaching strategies.
• An understanding of how pupils learn and real commitment to provide and maintain high-quality indoor and outdoor learning opportunities.
• A recognition of our amazing children; nurturing, supporting and challenging them, meeting their needs to ensure they have independent learning behaviours that will see them prepared for their future learning journey.
• An ability to see the best in all and promote positive behaviours at all times.
• A clear desire to engage with the wider school community and develop meaningful links.
• A cheerful, fresh and creative approach to giving the children under your care the best version of yourself.
• Experience of working in KS1 and leading within a school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Closing date: 1 July 2022 12noon
Interview date: TBA
Applying for the job
Please return your completed application to the Trust HR Officer, Sue HowardMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
Download an application form - 94.1 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Morchard Bishop Church of England Primary School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 2 to 11
- School size
- Up to 120 pupils
- Age range
- 2 to 11
Morchard Bishop plays an active role in the village, supporting events such as: Open Gardens, the Flower Festival and Christmas Fairs and has a number of unique features such as: a Handbell team, a Roundhouse for forest School work and a kitchen garden. Every child deserves a rich variety of experiences and opportunities while at school and they aim to develop their love for learning through an engaging curriculum which is both broad and balanced. The teachers help each child develop this through stimulating lessons and challenging tasks
Arranging a visit to Morchard Bishop Church of England Primary School
If you wish to visit prior to application, a warm welcome awaits you. Please contact the school office to make an appointment on 01363 877328.