If you are seeking an authentic experience in a progressive and
award-winning school, then consider
this your personal invitation to USH. We are a heavily oversubscribed
community school which proudly and successfully delivers values-led education.
We are known for our excellent career progression routes and we attract
professionals who are willing to contribute to our sustained success whilst
embracing our family ethos. Ofsted (Oct 2019) said ‘Both staff and pupils
are proud of the
inclusive nature of the school.’
Do you enjoy variation and have a passion for
cookery and education?
We are advertising for a new part-time Senior Food Technician to form a
job-share with our existing senior technician.
We are looking for someone with energy and drive to provide, maintain
and manage the necessary resources and information required to enable safe and
engaging practical activities. Duties are varied to include the preparation and
cleaning of materials/resources and giving practical support during lessons to teachers
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who displays
- Flexible, hardworking and able to
enjoy working in a busy and ever-changing school environment
- Enjoys working with young people
and able to establish a positive rapport with them and other adults
- A natural organiser, able to
multi-task and prioritise their workload
- Patient, calm and able to work
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply.
- An open and honest professional culture and
- A dedicated team, who place
students at the heart of everything
- Amazing students who are proud
to be part of the school
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development
- In-house Teaching School.
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor.
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers, Site Teams
and IT staff.
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local
Government Pension Scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year
which increases with length of service.
- Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment
and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses
specifically for the use of display screen equipment (where all conditions are
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and Wellbeing
representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and feeding into
the Health and Wellbeing strategy.
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages.
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for
staff and family members.
The successful applicant will be welcomed and supported in our friendly
environment where we have a passion for learning.
THE JEFFERYS EDUCATION
The Jefferys Education
Partnership is part of an umbrella Trust called the Hamwic Education Trust. At
the Hamwic Education Trust we offer unique opportunities for those individuals
that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an
outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding
We offer a training
pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and
Our staff have
opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools
within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their
All schools within the
Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that
all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All
successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks
along with other relevant employment checks.
This job post has expired.