This is an exciting opportunity to join the Excalibur Academies Trust of 20 schools as a Senior IT Network Technician. Following the well-deserved promotion of the current postholder to IT Manager, we're thrilled to open this role. Come aboard the Excalibur team and make a difference in our vibrant network of schools in and around the Marlborough area.
- Provide IT Support across schools within Marlborough, Swindon and Hungerford areas, travelling between schools on a regular basis (expenses reimbursed)
- Provide a high level of technical support to users and systems
- Autonomously take on 1st, 2nd and some 3rd line support duties
- Deputise for IT managers in their absence
- Supervisory responsibilities for junior staff
- Act as an escalation point for on-going issues
- Day to day running of IT systems through the Trust
- Working face to face with end users and via the Trust’s helpdesk system
- Delivering device and application support, following best practices
- Performing server and network maintenance and troubleshooting
- Working with core IT servers and systems like Active Directory, Group Policy, Azure Active Directory and Intune
- Plan, record and communicate IT changes
- Good understanding of computer networks and servers
- Demonstrates a strong passion for IT and a commitment to staying informed about technology advancements.
- Has a robust foundation in IT Support and outstanding communication skills.
- Defined benefits pension scheme
- Generous annual leave
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Family Friendly Policies
- Opportunities for professional growth and development based on individual needs
This role would be the perfect opportunity for an IT Technician looking for their next step, building their skills in a broad and complex environment and who is excited about providing excellent support to schools.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we have enough applicants.
Interview date - w/c Monday 26 February 2024
Excalibur Academies Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The Trust is proud to serve a diverse student and parent community. The aims of the Trust’s recruitment policy are to ensure that the best possible staff are recruited on the basis of their merits, abilities and suitability for the position; to ensure that all job applicants are considered equally and consistently; to ensure that no job applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds including race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, disability or age; and to ensure that the School meets its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people by carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.