£25,714 - £41,604 + TLR1b £10,200 per annum
Malmesbury School are looking to recruit an inspirational, values driven and resilient Senior Pastoral Leader (SPL) with responsibility for Year 6 transition and Year 7. The provision of high-quality pastoral care for our students has never been more important and this key leadership role is the perfect opportunity to gain new or wider experience in a large comprehensive school. The successful candidate will join a supportive, committed and collaborative pastoral team of four Senior Pastoral Leaders working across years 6-7, 8-9, 10-11 and sixth form. In addition, there is an experienced Student Services and Support team comprising three pastoral assistants attached to KS3, KS4 and Disadvantaged Learners, and two other assistants with attendance and admissions responsibilities. The Senior Pastoral Leaders lead a team of dedicated tutors and co-tutors and work closely with a range of stakeholders including the Learning Support faculty, Academic Leaders, House Leaders, parents and carers and external agencies such as CAMHS, MASH and the EWO. In addition, the school has an ELSA trained Teaching Assistant and on-site counsellors. SPLs enjoy the freedom to lead strategic development of the school’s pastoral provision, for example, the creation of bespoke intervention programmes covering a wide range of behaviour issues. Some form of previous pastoral experience is desirable.
• An excellent induction programme including support for those returning to teaching/new to schools
• A comprehensive CPD programme including specialist training using external providers
• Coaching and mentoring support from senior leaders for those new to leadership roles
• A flexible and supportive environment where wellbeing is a key priority
• An Athelstan Trust newsletter that shares best practice and latest news
• Continual collaboration and sharing of resources to reduce workload and improve provision for students
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• An extensive enrichment and trip programme
• An on-site counselling service
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.