Senior School Improvement Officer
This job expired on 4 September 2022 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
4 September 2022 at 11:59pm
15 July 2022
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 16 £61,644 - Grade 17 £75,163 (depending on experience)
Senior School Improvement Officer job summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and successful Senior School Improvement Officer to join Derby Diocesan Academy Trust’s (DDAT) central team. The successful candidate will:
- Understand and promote the distinctive character of Church of England Schools;
- Have substantial leadership and management experience at a senior level preferably with secondary and primary experience, or from similar duties in a Local Authority . You will need energy and the ability to work in a team that sets itself and schools, high standards – sometimes in challenging circumstances;
- Have a successful track record within your own school and in bringing about school improvement in a variety of other schools that demonstrates your capacity to contribute to the ambition we have for all our schools to become outstanding;
- Have a detailed understanding of what supports and develops the capacity of school leaders to embed ambition and drive improvement in their schools;
- Monitor, deliver and broker support for a number of schools in the Diocese, to enhance their journey to outstanding;
- Ensure the rapid improvement of Church Schools and Academies deemed to require special measures so that they become at least good at their next Section 5 Inspection;
- Share our ambition for achieving a consistently high-quality education for all our children and young people;
- Offer professional support, challenging and intellectual stimulus to our family of schools who have high expectations of our service.
In return, DDAT will offer you:
- An opportunity to work as part of a supportive team and empower you to further develop the Trust.
- A competitive salary and pension contributions.
- Ongoing high quality professional development opportunities.
- Benefits including but not limited to; Head Office free onsite parking at Bakewell or Derby Cathedral School, Cycle to Work Scheme, free eye tests and a contribution towards a pair of glasses for employees using VDU’s, Employee Assistant Programme & an opportunity to work flexibly.
To apply for this position, please download and complete the application documents below and submit to HR@ddat.org.uk by the closing date.
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about this post please contact Jo Harris on 0333 3554353.
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 4 September 2022
Interviews: W/c 12 September 2022
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Derby Diocesan Academy Trust
- Multi-academy trust
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0333 3554353
DDAT and DDAT 2 are a Multi Academy Trusts that oversee and support schools across Derbyshire and Derby City. Established in 2014 by the Diocese of Derby, DDAT is committed to providing high quality education for all children in their academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles. With a healthy pipeline of schools who are in the process of joining the Trust, the new Senior School Improvement Officer will play a pivotal role within DDAT.
Head office location
Similar jobs nearby
Outwood Academy City
Stradbroke Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S13 8SS
Senior Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Painsley Catholic College
Station Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST10 1LH
Specialist LSA (Autism) – multiple vacancies
King Ecgbert School
Totley Brook Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S17 3QU
The Joseph Whitaker School
Warsop Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG21 0AG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed