- (£23,817.00 - £24,684.00 pro-rata)
Senior Science Technician job summary
Senior Science Technician
Contract: Permanent (term-time)
Hours: 8am - 3.42pm Monday to Friday
(36 hours per week)
Salary: Grade 4 - Point 8-10
(£23,817.00 - £24,684.00 pro-rata)
Closing Date: Friday 8th July 2022
Interview Date: tbc
We are looking for a hard-working, ambitious and energetic Senior Science Technician to join our small but busy Science Department alongside the Head of Department, teaching staff and other members of support staff. You will assist and advise teaching staff with the preparation of equipment for experiments and demonstrations and layouts of classrooms. Assisting pupils and students where appropriate at both GCSE and A Level.
This position has become available due to the current post holder retiring after many years at Tenison’s.
Applicants should complete the Support Staff Application form and send to Mrs Rathbone, Headteacher’s PA via firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th June 20225.
The successful candidate must have:
• Science Technician experience
• knowledge of Health and Safety, COSHH and other relevant legislation
• experience with o risk assessments for practical and technical activities
We can offer you:
• a rewarding but challenging working environment
• an optimistic and motivating leadership team
• the opportunity to work closely with the Head of Science and wider professional team
• be part of a school with strong traditions
• develop professionally and personally in a secure, but lively atmosphere
• contribute to our pastoral care and our Christian ethos
Archbishop Tenison’s is a 308 year old Church of England, mixed 11-18 comprehensive school with an excellent track record at both GCSE and A Level. Most importantly, it is a community where the people who work believe they can make a difference to the young people they teach. Our school motto is “Academic excellence for each person in a Christian community”.
The school is situated near East Croydon Station which has excellent fast rail links to London and the South Coast. There is staff parking on-site at the school.
Archbishop Tenison’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and any appointment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as any other pre-employment checks.
For any further information, please contact Sue Rathbone, the Headteacher’s PA via email@example.com). Visits to the school prior to the application are welcome.
Applying for the job
https://www.archten.croydon.sch.uk/currentvacanciesMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.