- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Part time
37 hours over 5 days, term time only
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £23,541 FTE
- Actual salary
From January 2022, we are seeking to recruit a hardworking, enthusiastic Senior Science Technician to support the Science Department, prepare for KS3, KS4 and KS5 lessons, manage the technician team and maintain health and safety requirements. The candidate will contribute to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and personal care of the children and young people with regard to the Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) guidelines and Area Child Protection Procedures.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
• Scientific knowledge of equipment and accuracy in preparing for laboratory practical lessons in the Science Department
• Commitment to following all health and safety procedures within a laboratory environment
• Good organisational skills to maintain the smooth running of the technical area and a full inventory of equipment
• A positive and supportive attitude with excellent communication skills to lead and manage a team of technicians
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Support from an experienced Science Department
• Full training, although knowledge of general science, experience in a laboratory or a science background are required
• First Aid at Work qualification
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Employee benefits including an Employee Assistance Programme & Cycle to Work scheme
• Free onsite parking
Applying for the job
• Please do not use the TES or Gloucestershire County Council application form. Please use The Cotswold School Application Form which can be downloaded via our website
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
• Please complete the application form in full to ensure that full consideration can be given to all candidates and to comply with legal requirements relating to recruitment in schools
• Please do not include a CV or write ‘see CV’ in any sections on the form
• Please ensure that you include the title of the post that you are applying for (Section 1)
• Please provide an explanation for any gaps in chronological dates relating to education and employment history (Sections 4,5 & 6)
• If you are not writing a covering letter to submit with your application, then please complete Section 10, in full
• Please provide full details of two referees (Section 11)
• Both declarations (Sections 15 & 16) must be signed and dated
• Once completed, please return your application form by email to Mrs H Price, HR & Admin Manager, email@example.com
• If returning by post, please send to Mrs H Price, HR & Admin Manager, The Cotswold School, The Avenue, Bourton on the Water, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL54 2BD
• The closing date and time must be strictly adhered to
• All information given will be treated as confidential
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1398 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About The Cotswold Academy
The Cotswold School based in Bourton-on-the-Water, Gloucestershire, is an outstanding, caring secondary comprehensive school. The School is a highly popular, happy and successful 11-18 Academy school set in beautiful, rural surroundings between Cheltenham and Oxford. At the School is an incredible group of staff who do go that extra mile to provide our pupils with an outstanding education. Our values of friendship and knowledge underpin all our activities across a broad spectrum of subjects and extra-curriculum offerings.
The Cotswold School has earned a superb reputation, locally and nationally, consistently appearing among the top state schools at both GCSE and A Level for many years.
Here is an overview:
The values of friendship and knowledge, symbolised on our school badge, underpin all our learning and development activities and also ensure that we support the wellbeing of our students and staff. A non-selective school, we have a fabulous parent and carer community, who are supportive of and engaged with their children’s learning.
Thanks to excellent student outcomes, we are the second-highest ranked comprehensive in the South West; and in the UK’s top 30 non-selective co-educational secondary schools, according to the influential Sunday Times 2020 Parent Power league tables. We have been rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in the last four consecutive inspections.
Building the future
We continue to build on our success: we opened a Sixth Form centre in 2018 to support our thriving 16-18 provision; a fully refurbished gymnasium in 2019; and a £5.8 million 10-classroom space and modernised science labs are due in 2021. Pupil intake increases by 30 places in Year 7 from September 2021.
Outstanding learning and development
Our ethos is simple: a commitment to excellent teaching and aspiration, which drives progress and attainment. Children who learn with us thrive academically and also personally, with opportunities to take part in a huge range of extra-curricular clubs; writing competitions and debates; performances; community fundraising; student leadership; and careers events.
Aspirations and destinations
The great majority of our students stay with us into the Sixth Form and progress, in many cases, to Oxbridge and Russell Group universities, and a variety of other prestigious destinations.
The Cotswold School is an Ofsted ‘outstanding’ school. It is an excellent place to teach, learn and develop; to share best practice and support the progression of fellow professionals and students.
Arranging a visit to The Cotswold Academy
If you are applying for a job with us, we encourage you to come and see the school for yourself.
Contact Mrs H Price, Personnel Manager, if you have any questions about your application and to arrange a visit