We have a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Senior Science Technician to join our supportive and hardworking team here at West Walsall E-ACT Academy. The purpose of this role is to work with teaching and other school support staff to undertake a range of tasks and duties, facilitating and actively contributing to high quality teaching and learning for students with respect to science. To provide a safe working environment for students and other colleagues & to line manage the science technicians as required.
- To undertake a range of line management duties for Technicians, including allocation of work, ensure work is completed to deadlines and required quality standards, assist with recruitment, monitor performance management and undertake development reviews
- Work with the teaching staff to prepare for lessons, including contributing ideas to relate activities to the National Curriculum, e.g. development of apparatus, equipment or teaching
- Provide guidance and support for the practical needs of the curriculum, including networking with other technicians within and outside the school and appropriate professional bodies.
- Under the direction of a teacher, conduct practical aspects of science, design and technology work, including practical demonstrations to students.
- Ensure that laboratories, workshops, kitchens and preparation rooms are maintained in a well organised, clean and tidy condition, ensuring the safe storage and accessibility of equipment, tools and materials.
What the trust offers in return:
- Teacher Pensions
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days annual leave
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps