- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Full time
37 hours a week, 52 weeks per year.
- Contract type
- Grade E – Step 1 Actual Annual Salary £26,544 plus 25 days holiday.
We are looking for an experienced, keen and proactive Senior Site Manager to work as part of our facilities team to ensure operational effectiveness of a very busy site whilst carrying out the day-to-day management of the school site and team.
This is a busy, active and hands-on role, so the ability to manage your time effectively and work to deadlines is essential along with good communication. As part of the role you will be responsible for the Health and Safety Systems, project management, buildings and grounds maintenance, liaising and organising contractors and managing the site team.
Previous site experience is essential and a background of working in schools would be desirable for this role.
Basic literacy and numeracy and IT/computer skills are essential for this role. Job specific training will be provided if required.
We are looking for a senior site manager who will:
• Ensure the security of the school buildings and site, liaising with staff, contractors and the Wildern Academy Trust Estates Manager as appropriate.
• Use strong organisational and interpersonal skills to run the school site on a daily basis.
• Manage, maintain and develop the school to ensure its optimum use.
• Oversee and engage with the cleaning and maintenance of the site.
• Undertake minor repairs, maintenance and decorating as required.
• Oversee and be point of contact for the cleaners and other contractors on site as appropriate.
• Undertake checks and maintain records to meet statutory health and safety requirements e.g. COSHH, legionella, risk assessments, fire alarms etc.
• Liaise with the Headteacher about lettings and wider use of the site, working flexibly to meet the needs of the students and the school.
• Have a key holder responsibility and be prepared to attend out of hours emergency call outs and to cover Site staff absence.
• Be a keen team player but with the ability to work independently, flexible and resilient with good communication skills.
• Help us to further develop and maintain our outdoor spaces.
We need a committed team player with the ability to work independently, manage time effectively and prioritise workload with high levels of drive and resilience. In return we can offer you a competitive salary, the opportunity to join the local government pension scheme and a strong sense of shared moral purpose to make a difference to the lives of young people.
Benefits of working for our trust include:
• Enrolment in one of the UK’s Largest public sector pension schemes
• A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
• A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
• Friendly and sociable colleagues
• Staff membership rates to our modern Leisure Centre at Wildern School
• Good transport links
• Free on-site car park
Applying for the job
Applications should be on Wildern Academy Trust application forms, our application form does differ from the standard Hampshire County Council form and individual CV’s will not be accepted. If you currently work in a school, please ensure one of your references is from your current Headteacher. Application forms can be downloaded from the Wildern School website https://www.wildern.hants.sch.uk/joining-us/sv/ssm/
Completed Wildern Academy Trust application forms can be e-mailed to email@example.com or sent by post for the attention of Mrs F Mitchell, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may invite candidates to interview before the closing date. Closing Date for applications: Midday Tuesday 14th December 2021.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) along with other relevant employment checks.
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 1946 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Wildern School
Wildern School is a popular, oversubscribed secondary school situated in the Southampton suburbs. We are a school with significant strength in the CPD of staff, developing our teachers for the next stage of their careers. Graded as ‘OUTSTANDING’ by Ofsted in November 2012 for the third consecutive inspection, we are committed to being a centre of innovation, creativity and enjoyment for both students and staff. All students and staff alike can take advantage of excellent facilities which include a lecture theatre, digital media suites, a recording studio, both PC and Mac Suites, community sports centre and access to a professional theatre.
We are part of the Wildern Academy Trust which comprises of Wildern School, Deer Park Secondary School and Boorley Park Primary School.
This is an exciting time for the trust and all colleagues joining us.