Annual Salary Min - £32,157.00 - Max - £42,624.00
Are you an exceptional teacher looking for your next career move? Hungerford Primary School would like to hear from you!
We are a fun and innovative primary school based in Islington and looking for an experienced Senior teacher who:
• Has enthusiasm and skills to lead and develop staff across the school
• Is positive and creative, with a flexible approach to teaching
• Is forward-thinking, inspirational and receptive to change
• Is an excellent teacher with a successful track record of impacting positively upon student progress and wellbeing.
• Is able to respond to behaviour in a positive manner with sensitivity and resilience
• Has excellent knowledge of the primary curriculum
We can offer you:
Excellent professional development opportunities linked with the Trust and the Teaching School and:
• A chance to help define the school and progress your career
• A supportive community and a committed team of staff that are equally determined to give children the best possible opportunities
• Leadership time to support staff and to develop areas identified in the school improvement plan
Job Title: Senior Teacher
School: Hungerford Primary School
Responsible to: Headteacher and Assistant Headteacher
To carry out the duties of a teacher specified in the School Teachers’ Pay and conditions Document
In addition, the post carries the following duties: -
• To be a member of the School’s Extended Leadership Team
• A teaching commitment
• The leadership of a core subject
• The leadership of a phase
More specifically the post holder will have the following responsibilities:
• Delegated responsibility, on occasions, for the daily organisation and the curriculum of the school to ensure that teaching and other programmes are able to be carried out effectively and safely
• Assisting with the induction of new staff
• Included in the above will be the following tasks:
• Checking on the availability and deployment of staff (both teaching and support)
• Ensuring that appointments with other teachers or professionals are carried out in accordance with school procedures
• Ensuring (with the Headteacher) that working practices with other professionals in the school are conducted efficiently and in a spirit of co-operation and mutual respect
• Ensuring (with the Headteacher) that the school procedures are followed for all off-site activities (including School Journeys)
• Implementing lunch-time rotas and staff breaks
• Ensuring (with the Head teacher) that all pupils are supervised at the start and end of the school day
• Contributing to all site monitoring and evaluation activities
• Ensuring that sufficient information is kept on individual students and class groupings
• Keeping records and information about any curriculum developments taking place within the Department
• Reporting back in the School Leadership Team on all developments and events taking place
• Assisting the Headteacher in carrying out the appraisal of staff.
The Senior Teacher will also support staff through discussion and advice with regards to curriculum implementation, teaching style, classroom organisation and all aspects of assessment, recording and reporting.
This will include:
• The Delivery of INSET where appropriate
• Regular oversight of Teaching Files (included here are class files, students’ files, work-sampling files/folders and any school portfolios which are part of the National Curriculum or national ‘Progress Files’ requirements);
• Assisting staff in the implementation of class philosophies and specific classroom management techniques and approaches
• Chairing team meetings, assisting with class meetings and other departmental meetings with teaching and support staff in line with school procedures
• The allocation of display areas and the provision of time to enable the development of a stimulating environment. This will include the clear labelling of displays in terms of National curriculum attainment where appropriate
• The co-ordination of forecasts, plans and schedules to ensure effective delivery of a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum which meets the needs of pupils in the department
• Driving progress in the agreed core subject across the school, ensuring that all staff are achieving best practice within that subject
• Driving progress within the phase, ensuring that all staff are achieving best practice within that subject
• The induction of new staff in whole-school and departmental matters (with the Headteacher and other Managers).
The Senior Teacher will be responsible for keeping the Headteacher informed on all matters related to the organisation and management of the site
This will include:
• Daily communication regarding any changes in organisation;
• The initiation of any new behaviour programmes;
• Reporting any injuries to students and staff and making sure that the correct procedures are followed;
• Providing information on any other matters relevant to the smooth running of the Site.
The Senior Teacher will support the implementation of school policy and procedures in relation to equality of opportunity and multi-cultural matters as they contribute to the spiritual, moral, social and cultural ethos of the Site.
The Senior Teacher organises formal and informal meetings with parents/carers of students. In this important area they will deputise for the Headteacher, in her absence, to deal with any problems or difficulties that may arise.
Applying for the job
Please see link below for The Bridge London Trust website for our present vacancies. You can find Job Description, Personal Specification and Application packs are available on our website to download. Please forward completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are sorry but we do not accept CV's.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.