Teacher SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
Early years, KS1, KS2
Full time 1.0 FTE
Browns Church of England Primary School in Horbling is looking for an exceptional teacher
who is seeking their next career move. The Senior Teachers within our Trust, support the
Headteacher with whole school evaluation and mentoring and developing staff, with the best
outcomes for children being at the heart of every decision made. The Senior Teacher at our
school will also undertake the post of SENCO. Whether you are an experienced SENCO, or
someone part way through their SENCO journey, if you have the desire to enable and support
our children to achieve their best outcomes, we would love to hear from you.
Our ethos of Caring, Learning, Enjoying, Achieving applies to all within our school community,
and we have a commitment to developing all staff and pupils through a culture of continued
learning. Our newly focused Growth and Development procedure and de-coupling of pay and
appraisal demonstrate this commitment to continued CPD and growth of all our staff.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced teacher who:
• Has enthusiasm and skills to lead and develop staff across the school.
• Is positive and creative, with a flexible approach to teaching.
• Is forward thinking, inspirational and receptive to change.
• Is an excellent teacher with a successful track record of impacting positively upon
student progress and well-being.
• Is able to respond to behaviour in a positive manner with sensitivity and resilience.
• Has excellent knowledge of the primary curriculum.
• Share the Trust and School vision and values
• Has a proven track record of ensuring improvements and impact when leading core
Applications from experienced Teachers who meet the criteria set out in the Person
Specification and have relevant experience are welcome.
We can offer you:
• An exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the school and progress your career
within a supportive framework.
• A supportive community and a committed team of staff that are equally determined to
give children the best possible opportunities.
• The challenge of working in a forward-looking school.
• A planned programme of quality professional development.
• An opportunity for an aspiring SENCO to grow into their role, acquiring new knowledge
and experience as part of their journey of development.
• An opportunity to contribute to whole school development of English priorities
About Brown's Church of England Primary School, Horbling
Browns Church of England Primary School are part of the Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust
(LAAT). LAAT is a multi-academy trust formed by the Diocese of Lincoln. We are a growing
and thriving family of schools who are dedicated to providing an excellent education for pupils across Lincolnshire. We place a strong emphasis on continued development. The relationship with the Trust brings great strength to all schools and enhances CPD opportunities for all staff.
We are all extremely proud of our school and committed to providing the very best possible
education for all of our children. Brown's Church of England Primary School is a school where
children are happy and feel a sense of belonging. They are supported, encouraged, nurtured
and loved. They enjoy learning in a stimulating and attractive environment in which each child
is encouraged to have fun whilst achieving their potential in the widest sense.
It is within this positive nurturing ethos that children understand the skills they need, in order
to learn. We want our children to develop lively and enquiring minds, to discuss and debate,
to be creative and imaginative and to apply themselves well as they strive to reach their full
potential in all aspects of school life.
Our values of Hope, Peace, Courage, Friendship, Forgiveness and Compassion are
embedded into our School and into our curriculum.
Every decision we make within the school environment is made by firstly considering what is
in the best interest of our children. In this way, children lie at the heart of everything we do.
We want our pupils’ time in our school to be memorable, built on what they know and can do
and help them become lifelong learners.
We value highly the partnership between home and school and encourage all parents to take
an active part in the education of their children. The school cannot work in isolation. The
partnership between school staff, parents and other stakeholders is an essential one.
Arranging a visit to Brown's Church of England Primary School, Horbling
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, and will fall in line with current
social distancing rules.
For further information, an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Sally Howley (Headteacher) on 01529 240367.