- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stage
- Early years
- Working pattern
- Part time
35.75 hours per week, Term Time + 2 weeks (Training Hours)
- Contract type
An Exciting Opportunity for Someone Looking to Take on New Challenges.
CLASS LEAD (Senior Classroom Teaching Assistant) – Permanent Position
35¾ hours per week, Term Time + 2 weeks
Grade 8 point 15-18 pro-rata
We are looking for someone to join us who is:-
• Keen to lead a small class team and take on new challenges and responsibilities working closely with the Senior Teacher and other Senior Leaders.
• An adaptable and a team player and able to work with a range of professionals
• Experienced in delivering personalised learning opportunities to pupils with SEND
• Have a current comprehensive knowledge of the EYFS & Complex SEND
• Able to create high quality and enriching learning environments
• Effectively able to lead a team of practitioners
• Committed to improving outcomes for pupils
• Able to form effective relationships with parents and skilled in providing opportunities for parents to engage their child’s learning
• Good written and oral communication to a range of audiences.
• Skilled is supporting children whose behaviour can challenge
• Expert knowledge of early child development and ability to maintain high quality records
• Enthusiastic, with a good sense of humour
• Willing to undertake training
• Well motivated and able to use their initiative
• Accurately assess children’s learning and report on their progress
• Work closely with a range of other professionals
We will offer you:-
• A happy, supportive and motivated team environment
• Excellent facilities and resources
• Access to training and professional development
• A pleasant working environment
For more information or to request an application pack please email the office on: email@example.com
Applying for the job
Please apply using the attached application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 2 to 5
- Education phase
- School size
- 40 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 5
About Wigston Menphys Nursery School
Wigston Menphys Nursery School is a nursery for children aged 2-5 years who have special educational needs.
It is situated in Wigston, South Leicestershire. The Centre was built by the Leicestershire based Menphys Charity and is currently funded by the Local Authority. The nursery is staffed by Teachers, Nursery Nurses, Teaching Assistants, Learning Support Assistants, Health Care Worker and Admin Staff.
The nursery's practioners work closely with parents, carers and professionals who regularly visit to support the children's learning. These professionals include Speech and Language Therapists, Physio and Occupational Therapists and staff from the Specialist Teaching Services.
Wigston Menphys Nursery Schools' philosophy is the importance of recognising and working with each child as a unique individual, recognising their strengths and working on areas for development.
Similar jobs nearby
John Clifford Primary School
Nether Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG9 2AT