- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- £17,981 per annum on Grade 2 P3
Job summaryAre you practical, can you turn your hand to most things, good at solving problems, able to use your own initiative, have good people skills, have high standards for health and safety and a clean and organised environment?
Are you a can-do person who is reliable, hardworking, patient, well organised, self-motivated, takes pride in their work, and has a sense of humour?
Then we need YOU!
We need an exceptional person as our Site Keeper to join our team at Avanti Hall who will support the Principal and Site Manager to ensure the site and premises are safe, secure and well organised so that our children have the very best learning environment.
Your day will consist of the following tasks:
- General school maintenance for buildings and surrounding grounds - basic handy person skills are a must
- Checking the conditions of the buildings and playgrounds and reporting any faults
- Conducting fire safety and H&S checks for the site
- Check the heating is operating and that timers are set correctly and working
- Event set up and take down
- To support and assist the school to conduct specific/ ad hoc caretaking tasks when required, or as part of duty schedule such as winter checks, planned maintenance and daily and weekly checks
- Assist the cleaning team and order consumables as and when required
- Opening and closing of the school – enduring building is secure at all times
- Being the onsite contact for contractors
- Adhering to Safeguarding procedures that the school follow.
- Organising/prioritising tasks to ensure the safety of all staff and children is maintained
Applying for the job
• Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
• Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
• We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity and access for all, irrespective of age, background, race, gender, religion, ability, disability or sexuality. We welcome applications for employment from the whole community.
• Application forms can be downloaded at www.avanti.org.uk/careers and must be submitted by the closing date above to email@example.com once fully completed. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment.
• Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 16
- Education phase
- Primary, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 282 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 16
About Avanti Hall School
Avanti Hall is a school that is committed to giving all children an engaging and enriching educational experience. We provide a richly diverse and connected school environment, representative of the world that our pupils will enter. Our pupils mature into individuals who are ambitious, open-minded and confident. Along with our academic pathway, we also take care to support individual character formation and spiritual insight through the Avanti Way.
The Avanti Hall grounds on the outskirts of Exeter offer a site of inspiring natural beauty. Our main building, Thomas Hall, was built in the 1600s, with established woodland surrounding the main campus area. The building was part of Exeter University’s Duryard Halls of Residence for nearly 100 years before becoming a school.
Arranging a visit to Avanti Hall School
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 757371 to arrange a visit.