Spanish Curriculum Lead
The Curriculum Lead - Spanish role is critical to the success of the Academy in developing into a centre of educational excellence. It is the responsibility of the Curriculum Lead to ensure that staff across the department have high expectations, creative and expansive schemes of work and deliver high standards of attainment and achievement in the courses offered by the department.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• To ensure delivery of high standards of attainment and achievement in Spanish.
• To produce syllabuses and schemes of work for all year groups which will enable students to attain high levels of performance and enable students of all abilities to achieve excellent standards both in class and independently
• To ensure that students are offered a range of accredited courses to follow in order for all students to achieve well
• To ensure that department staff provide suitable opportunities for students to engage in enrichment activities.
• To strategically plan, monitor and evaluate the work of the staff of the department across the Academic year ensuring that teaching is consistently ‘good’ or better
• To support a smooth transition between primary and secondary phases and to post 16 courses
• To promote parental engagement in the work of the department and provide a range of opportunities for parents to be involved in supporting their child’s learning.
• To promote literacy across the curriculum
Essential educational requirements
Undergraduate degree and Qualified Teacher Status
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Experience of leading, co-ordinating and monitoring across a MFL Department or of a significant area within a MFL Department
Evidence of line managing staff
Evidence of successful teaching across the full ability and age range
We offer a supportive and welcoming working environment with excellent opportunities for progression
About St Aldhelm's Academy
A mixed comprehensive school with approximately 580 pupils on roll, in years 7 to 11.
- Herbert Avenue, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4HS
- St Aldhelm's Academy website (opens in a new window)