Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator (SENDCo)
Boston Spa Academy is a vibrant and successful and school, achieving excellent results and judged to be a Good School in the last two OFSTED inspections May 2012 and April 2015 OFSTED inspection.
Located between York, Leeds and Harrogate, Boston Spa Academy is committed to the development of the whole student, the physical, aesthetic, emotional, moral, spiritual as well as the intellectual.
Boston Spa Academy is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, organised and highly driven colleague to the role of SENDCo who will lead the co-ordination, monitoring and strategic oversight of provision for students with Special Educational Needs and Disability within the academy. The successful applicant will be responsible for implementing the Trust’s SEND policy, complying with the legislation and requirements of the SEN Code of Practice and ensuring that an inclusive ethos is upheld. The SENDCo will be responsible for raising expectations for students identified as SEND to enable them to make progress and reach their full potential.
We are looking to appoint a teacher who is person centred to work with the Principal, Senior Vice Principal and Senior Assistant Principal to promote inclusion, accessibility and equality within the academy. Daily leadership responsibility within the role will include the development of a graduated response; through the Assess, Plan, Do, Review cycle, managing and making referrals to external agencies, maintaining provision maps, reviewing Pupil Pathway targets and the development of innovative personalised strategies, and Continuous Professional Development to inform high quality and inclusive teaching and learning.
The SENDCo will be responsible for the identification of students whose barriers to learning impact upon their progress and he/she will track, review and monitor progress made through Quality First Teaching and targeted intervention by students on the SEND register and those who are CLA. The successful candidate will also liaise with parents/carers and external agencies, attending meetings and updating all relevant parties with regards to student progress, attendance and attainment. The SENDco will also ensure medical details are kept up to date along with IPRAs and medication where appropriate.
Interested colleagues should have a single minded determination to ensure that all students, including those with lower Prior Attainment or additional needs make progress and thrive. The candidate should be committed to safeguarding, maintaining confidentiality and should be passionate about making a difference to the lives and educational opportunities of the most vulnerable and at risk students within the academy.
This post would be suitable for colleagues seeking to train as a SENDCo or those who have already been trained.
An application pack is available to download directly from www.tgat.org.uk/jobs , by email email@example.com or Tel: 01937 846636
Closing Date for applications: 12pm Monday 14th October 2019
Further details are available on our website www.bostonspa.leeds.sch.uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We promote diversity and aim to establish a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
Essential educational requirements
• Good honours degree in Special Educational Needs or directly related subject.
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Exceptional levels of literacy and the skills to disseminate this knowledge to others
• Proven ability to use intervention strategies to raise attainment of learners
• Ability to turn vision into reality
• Ability to inspire and motivate others
• Ability to use data to track and monitor student learning and achievement
• Interactive use of IT systems for teaching and learning
• Several years’ experience dealing with Special Educational Needs.
• Excellent record of student performance in public examinations
• Several years’ experience of Middle Leadership
• Proven track record in raising standards and achievement
• Experience of delivering INSET
• Record of contribution to extra-curricular activities
• Record of contribution to whole school strategies
• Evidence of leading highly successful and aspirational Special Educational Needs events
TLR 2C (£6,646)
About Boston Spa Academy
Working in partnership with The GORSE Academies Trust, Boston Spa Academy is a vibrant and successful and school, achieving excellent results and judged to be a Good School in the OFSTED inspection of April 2015. Located between York, Leeds and Harrogate, Boston Spa Academy is committed to the development of the whole student, the physical, aesthetic, emotional, moral, spiritual as well as the intellectual.
- Clifford Moor Road, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS23 6RW
- Boston Spa Academy website (opens in a new window)