Special Educational Needs Teachers MFL (Requirement Polish)
At the heart of a successful school is the provision of high quality teaching and learning, the effective use of resources, improving standards of achievement for all pupils/students and the promotion of pupils personal development and wellbeing.
At The Russett School we have a wide range of pupils/students presenting with complex needs which include
• Language and Communication
• Severe Learning Difficulties linked with Autism
• Behaviour Difficulties
• Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
A teacher plays a key part in this provision by a commitment to the Trust and the Academy’s ethos and vision by delivering outstanding teaching and learning. A key aspect of working in this field is identifying individual needs and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating, challenging and supportive learning environment were all pupils/students can make progress.
1. To be committed to and to promote the Academy’s aims and vision.
2. To maintain and contribute to the development of policies.
3. To consistently deliver good to outstanding teaching.
4. Assess, record, track and report pupils’ progress.
5. Provide a stimulating environment for learning.
6. Developing and adapting conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils;
7. Preparing exciting and interactive lessons incorporating our Total Communication Approach
8. Liaising with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists;
9. Liaising closely with parents and guardians to work in partnership, to further support individual needs.
10. Organising learning outside the classroom in activities such as community visits, school outings or sporting events and including playground activities.
11. Administration, including updating and maintaining records on pupils' progress.
12. Attending statutory annual reviews or other related meetings.
13. Participating in Continuing Professional Development to deliver continued outstanding teaching.
14. Participating in the extended life of the Academy.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
At least good with outstanding teaching throughout any teaching.
SEN Allowance £2209.00
About The Russett School
The Russett School is part of the Russett Learning Trust and is an all aged (2 -19) special academy providing outstanding education for pupils and young people with, Severe Learning Difficulties, Speech and Language Difficulties and Complex Needs.
- Middlehurst Avenue, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 3BW
- Not Applicable
- The Russett School website (opens in a new window)