POST: SpecialTeaching Assistant
SALARY: SENDAT Support Staff PayScale SP6-10
£21,968 - £24,496 FTE (full time equivalent)
LOCATION: PriorySchool (Aspire Provision) at Thurston, Suffolk IP31 3RY
24 Hours per week / 39 weeks per year
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (4 days a week)
8:45am to 15:15pm (includes 30 minutes unpaid break)
We are looking for a enthusiastic and talented Special Teaching Assistant to join the LearningSupport team at our Priory School Aspire provision. You willsupport teaching and learning, working 1:1 or with very small groups ofstudents, who have specific learning needs (SEMH & MLD) which cannot be met in a mainstreamor other larger group setting. This is a very rewarding role where you can make a real positivedifference to the lives of our most vulnerable students.
As part of the SENDAT, we offer:
- Staff wellbeing day – can be taken at any point throughout the year
- Access to a wide range of in person and online CPD
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health and welfare assistance package with Simply Health, provides financial support with some things like eye tests, and therapies
- Opportunities to participate in Outdoor Learning activities including Duke of Edinburgh and Scouting schemes
- Annual subsidised staff residential activity weekend in Wales
We arecommitted to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young peopleand vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.DBS checks required for all posts.
SENDAT– welcoming diversity
SENDAT Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment checks will be required for all of our staff at SENDAT.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.