£24,486 FTE Grade 6 point 9
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Specialist PE instructor will work under the instruction/guidance of teaching/senior staff to undertake the teaching of PE lessons.
• Teaching may be carried out in the hall or outside in the main playground, and s/he may be asked to complete other reasonable duties, as directed by the Head of School
• To be accountable for the achievement and progress of pupils, ensuring good progress.
• To be responsible for planning and implementing appropriate work programmes for all children within the framework of the PE national curriculum and school policies.
• To maintain assessment records when requested, using these to inform teachers and report on pupil’s achievement and progress to senior staff and to parents and carers, in accordance with the school policy.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
• To teach Early Years, KS1 and KS2 children Physical Education to the highest possible standards as agreed with the Head of School, within the framework of the National Curriculum and whole school policies and requirements.
• To ensure the quality of teaching and learning in lessons is the highest possible quality.
• To identify and adopt the most effective teaching approaches for each key stage and keep abreast of contemporary educational issues.
• To run daily lunchtime activities to support and develop skills at playtime.
• To run a daily afterschool club. To ensure that children are released safely to parent/carers at the end of the club.
• To maintain good classroom discipline.
• To ensure high quality classroom management.
• To maintain high expectations of pupils and ensure that teaching approaches and materials are commensurate with their capability, so that the optimum standard of achievement is reached.
• To implement appropriate Health and Safety policies and procedures, to ensure a safe, effective child friendly environment in all lessons and activities. Ensure equipment and tasks are safe and appropriate.
• Provide feedback to class teachers regarding the progress of their children.
• Liaise with class teachers and TA’s regarding any additional needs of pupils.
Applying for the job
To apply, please visit: http://dkh.org.uk/vacancies/ and complete BOTH forms that are listed.More on how to apply
Local authority maintained school
397 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Dog Kennel Hill School
A friendly, supportive team, who are enthusiastic and committed to ensuring all pupils make good progress;
Good levels of support and resources;
Well behaved children who are eager to learn;
A fantastic learning environment
Arranging a visit to Dog Kennel Hill School
Please email Carrie Lucas (Office Manager):firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office on 020 7274 1829 to arrange to visit the school or if you have any questions
Dog Kennel Hill, London, SE22 8AB