Specialist Provision Lead Teacher / Specialist Provision Teacher
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced teachers to be part of our Trust’s newly developed Specialist Provision which opens in September 2020.
We are establishing a specialist education provision attached to 5 primary and secondary schools in the Haverhill and Newmarket areas. Unity Schools Partnership Trust have been asked to set up the provisions that will have a total capacity of up to 84 pupils.
The provision in three schools in Haverhill is for pupils with cognition and learning needs, and for the two schools in Newmarket for pupils with communication and interaction needs, generally with an EHCP. You will work closely with the heads and staff across the schools in the Haverhill or Newmarket Hub and through your expertise provide the education and support pupils with significant special needs require to flourish.
The aim of the specialist provision is to support pupils with more complex SEND needs to access appropriate provision that is inclusive within the communities they live. We are committed to a joined up all-through approach to support the children in our academies and beyond, providing high quality tailored specialist provision and supporting their families.
Our schools work in close partnership as a family of schools who share the same inclusive philosophy, where every child is a valued member of the school community. We believe that every child has the right to achieve their full potential and every family can expect to be supported to enable the home and school partnership to flourish. We have aspirational and high expectations for children with SEND and believe in providing a bespoke curriculum to meet children’s needs.
Unity Schools Partnership is a Multi Academy Trust of 25 schools with approval to open three further new schools, and which is committed to growth and career development. The Trust continues to satisfy its objectives in creating a network of specialist provisions working collaboratively with two further special schools also approved to open in Ipswich and Romford, in addition to its current special schools in Haverhill and Ipswich.
The Trust is a values-driven organisation which is committed to developing young people as successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens. If you are ambitious and keen to work in a family of schools committed to these values, please consider applying for the post.
Significant training and development are available through opportunities for professional development, research, teacher training and collaboration between schools and across phases.
Essential educational requirements
• Second class degree or higher
• Relevant Teaching Qualification
• English and Mathematics at G.C.S.E./’O’ Level or equivalent and/or sound Literacy and Numeracy skills (ITT accreditation test level)
• ICT QTS accreditation test level or European Computer Driving License (ECDL)
Essential skills and experience
• High levels of secondary subject knowledge and knowledge of statutory requirements relating to the relevant Key Stage(s) curriculum;
• Evidence of positive impact on pupil outcomes in the relevant Year / Subject group(s);
• Evidence of successful leadership of a project or initiative;
• Evidence of effective team working.
About Burton End Primary Academy
- School Lane, Haverhill, Suffolk, CB9 9DE
- Burton End Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)