Specialist Teacher ASD
Our ASD Facility is a Children’s Services Authority specialist provision which serves children with Education, Health and Care Plans for Autism. The Facility provides full time places to support up to ten children from Year 3 to Year 6, who will access specialist teaching which facilitates their integration into mainstream classes. The ASD Unit is an integral part of Peacehaven Heights and is included in all aspects of school life.
We are looking to appoint a committed and dynamic Specialist Teacher to develop and lead the Facility and join our highly committed team.
Essential educational requirements
Degree level education
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Have a proven track record of success within the classroom and the ability to
contribute knowledge and expertise school wide.
• Be committed to getting the best outcomes for pupils and promoting the ethos and
values of the school.
• Be able to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
• Have experience of working with children with Autism.
• Have good communication skills and an ability to work within a team.
• The necessary communication skills enabling effective liaison with parents/carers
and a variety of external agencies.
Be engaged in local and national agendas about SEND provision and committed to continued professional development.
The successful candidate will be a good to outstanding classroom practitioner, care passionately about children, their development and achievements, be hard working and adaptable to change.
About Peacehaven Heights Primary School
- Hoddern Avenue, Peacehaven, East Sussex, BN10 7QY
- LA Maintained School
- Peacehaven Heights Primary School website (opens in a new window)