This is a rewarding role, in which you will encourage pupils to become independent learners, provide support for their welfare, and support the inclusion of children in all aspects of academy life. We require someone who is enthusiastic and dynamic and who can work closely with the wider academy team to deliver the support our students may require to reach their full potential.
As a Specialist Teaching Assistant you will be required to work closely with members of our Inclusion Team and have the energy and creativity to develop and inspire students learning. A key focus will be to support student intervention and increase student’s ability to access all areas of the curriculum and embed and develop literacy and numeracy skills, working proactively with other members of the Inclusion Team to improve attainment, by adopting a personalised approach towards planning and delivery of a bespoke curriculum.
We are a welcoming and supportive academy, with a relentless determination to provide the very best education for every child. We place children at the centre of everything we do, with a focus on creating a culture of success and a positive climate for learning.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust supports colleagues by funding an extensive range of accredited training courses and apprenticeship opportunities up to Masters level. We also offer:Your starting salary with annual increments plus inflation linked increases. The starting salary within the grade advertised will be dependent upon your experience. You will also receive:
- A comprehensive induction and training process
- Automatic enrolment into an increasingly rare and valuable defined Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution rates
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- Enhanced occupational benefits available (such as maternity, adoption and parental leave) with no qualifying period
- Holidays: A minimum of 25 days plus bank holidays (this increases with length of service)
- A range of working patterns are available dependant upon the role
Automatic enrolment into our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you and your family members free access to:
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues
- Emotional support and counselling for a wide range of personal and work issues
- Legal guidance
- Financial guidance and debt counselling
- Child and dependent care support and advice
- Support for managers
We are also a wellbeing employer with a dedicated wellbeing policy and menopause policy along with menopause champions based in our academies. Other benefits include:
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts such as competitively priced Synergy Car Leasing
- Access to various discount sites
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are made in accordance with safer recruitment practices and the statutory guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education. Online checks will be carried out on all shortlisted candidates, and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and checks regarding suitability to work with children.
This job post has expired.