This job expired on 13 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
13 March 2023 at 9am
6 February 2023
- Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - FLEXIBLE Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 08:15 - 16:00 Wednesday 08:15 - 16:30 Friday 08:15 - 15:00
Full-time equivalent salary
- £20,395 - £26,669
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Assess the needs of students and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support students’ learning.
• Provide mentoring of students
• Ensure student’s academic skills are compatible with accessing our curriculum
• Deliver interventions under the direction of the class teacher.
• Organise and manage appropriate learning environment and resources.
• Monitor and evaluate student responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies.
• Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required on student achievement, progress and behaviour, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence.
• Report behaviour accurately and effectively on the behaviour recording system
• Work closely with teaching staff to identify students at risk of underachieving and implement any interventions.
• Use ICT effectively to support learning activities and develop students’ competence and independence in its use.
• Communicate with parents and/or professionals to support achievement and progress of students.
• Support lessons to ensure curriculum coverage in the event of staff absence
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
What the school offers its staff
- A welcoming and positive working environment where the wellbeing of both students and staff is a top priority
• High quality professional development and support including bespoke CPD
• An experienced and welcoming senior leadership team.
• An energetic and forward thinking staff team.
• Enthusiastic students who enjoy active learning as part of small classes (6:2)
• The opportunity to be truly creative, not prescriptive in your practise
• Progression opportunities across the Trust
• Free access to holistic treatments as part of our wellbeing policy including therapeutic support
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Stephenson Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 9 to 16
- School size
- 88 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 9 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Stephenson Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Stephenson Academy is a successful 80 place special school, which opened in 2012. It has a main site, which caters for 11-16 year olds. We have an associated independent sixth form provision for 16-19 year olds. As a specialist academy we cater for students who have Education and Health Care Plans with an identified primary need of Social Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH), many with associated challenging behaviour. Many of our students have additional special educational needs such as speech, language and communication difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and mental health difficulties
Arranging a visit to Stephenson Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Jonathans, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK6 5DE
Redwell Primary School
Barnwell Road, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 5LQ
Barleyhurst Park Primary
Forfar Drive, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK3 7NA
Booker Park Community School
Stoke Leys Close, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 9ET
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes