Speech & Language Therapy Service
Permanent Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist
Grade 9, Pay Points 19-22 (Full-Time equivalent )
24.20 Hours per week, 42 weeks per year and accrue 52 weeks
Discovery Schools Trust Ltd are seeking to appoint a full time Band 5 Speech & Language Therapistwho shares our values and ambitions, and has the vision, drive, resilience, andexperience to build on our success to date and provide further capacity to ourtrust.
An extensive knowledge of SALT is a pre-requisite; but we alsobelieve a willingness to learn from others and a commitment to professionaldevelopment is equally important. Relevantqualifications are necessary alongside a willingness to continue to develop. Thispost would be suitable for a newly qualified Speech and Language Therapist andso those who have recently graduated are encouraged to apply.
Why Discovery Schools Academies Trust Ltd?
We are a large academy Trust who puts the child at the centre of ourdecision-making process and uses our values to guide us in all decision making.Our schools, professionals, children, and stakeholders work closely together toraise outcomes for children from all backgrounds regardless of their startingpoints. We have high expectations for both children and staff but provide thebest support possible for everyone to achieve.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment / intervention programmes for service users according to professional standards whilst adhering to trust policies and procedures. The post holder will have access to a second opinion from more senior therapists as identified via clinical supervision
- Provide therapy care plans to be carried out by Speech and Language Therapy assistants and/or Learning Support Assistants/Teaching Assistants while retaining overall responsibility for the clients.
- Provide feedback, guidance, advice and training to parents/family members, carers and members of the multidisciplinary team in all aspects of speech, language and communication acquisition
- Foster close working relationships with colleagues and other relevant professionals in maximising the service user’s potential
- Actively engage in own performance management
We are looking for someone who has:
- Registered member of Royal College of Speech and LanguageTherapists
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant SLT diagnostics,theoretical models, and approaches relevant to service users
- Ability to work autonomously and cooperatively as part of amultidisciplinary team
- Registered member of the Health and Care Professions Council(HCPC)
- Experience of working with parents, carers and other professionals
- Effective organisational/planning and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate complex, sensitive and emotionalinformation using a variety of modes of communication
We can offer:
- Flexible working options
- Support for continuous professional development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- A established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
We would encourage potential applicants to arrange an appointment to discuss the role informally. Please contact Melanie Carte to arrange a visit before the application deadline – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to the document attached for a full Job Description , Person Specification and Advert to support with your application.
Why choose us:
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.