Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider full-time, part-time
£20,282 - £28,735
This is a new role and an exciting and unique opportunity to teach PE and lead sports provision in our Junior School. We are looking for a qualified teacher or highly skilled coach who can demonstrate exceptionally high standards in sports teaching. The successful applicant will be extremely passionate about inclusive PE and sport with the ability to unlock the potential of all Ruskin Academy Children. This is currently a full time position however part time applications are also welcome.
This role will involve:
• covering PPA time for teachers across the primary age range
• ensuring the delivery of an inclusive PE and sports curriculum
• leading after school sports clubs and lunchtime activities
• organising sports teams and entering competitions
• leading the PE curriculum across the school
• providing high quality PE training for teaching and support staff
• managing a budget for PE
• liaising with Northamptonshire sport and organising local hub festivals for our trust schools
• impacting on the healthy lifestyles of our school community and increasing activity
Applicants will need to:
• increase the engagement and participation of all pupils particularly those who are hard to reach
• demonstrate high standards of planning, teaching and learning;
• bring fun, enthusiasm and high expectations into a creative environment;
• attend a variety of fixtures and after school activities with school teams
• motivate, challenge and inspire children to live active and healthy lifestyles.
We can offer:
• an outward looking school community;
• a supportive team with children and family placed at the centre;
• a strong commitment to professional development;
• opportunities for networking with other schools;
• support from the senior leadership team who are keen to help develop the role
Lion Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require two positive references from current and previous employers. The position is subject to an enhanced DBS and completion of a medical check.
Interviews are expected to be held on 30th June and 1st July 2021.
Applying for the job
Please contact Maria Bond via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the application documents
Academy, ages 7 to 11
302 pupils enrolled
7 to 11
About Ruskin Academy
Ruskin Academy is an inclusive, caring Junior school where every child matters. We recognise that all children have talents and abilities to celebrate, and part of our role is to help children to discover these. We challenge and develop our children to become curious, autonomous learners who are inspired and stimulated through a rich and varied curriculum that is appropriate to their individual needs. We develop children’s learning skills and, by setting high expectations and exacting standards, we prepare our children to flourish, and have high self-esteem and self-belief.
We have a dedicated team of staff who are committed to being part of a school that is equipped to enable all staff and students to make outstanding progress.
We believe that outstanding teaching and learning must be central to every decision made and every development introduced.
Although working within the organisation of an Academy Trust, Ruskin Academy will always be a ‘community’ school. We aim to work closely with our parents, other schools and organisations, building partnerships which benefit, not only our children, but others in the wider community, both on a local, national and global level.
Arranging a visit to Ruskin Academy
School visits are welcome - if you would like to arrange this, please call the school office on 01933 381600