We are looking for a Sports Technician/Student Supervisor to provide technical support for the Sports Department at Harris Academy Riverside and arranging and supervising a program of lunchtime activities.
Your hours will be Monday-Thursday 11am-5:30 pm and Friday 11am-3pm, with a daily unpaid lunchbreak of 30 minutes. Daily start and finish times and total hours per week are open to discussion.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your role will be:
- To support the Academy in arranging, the delivery and supervision of a programme of sports related activities, specifically at lunch time and at after school clubs/events.
- To check, maintain and order appropriate stocks of sports related equipment to ensure the agreed programmes can be appropriately delivered.
- To undertake the safe supervision of students participating in sports, activities, at lunch time and during after school clubs/other events.
- To support the PE department in the smooth organisation of all sports related fixtures, including the washing and drying of sports kits.
- To ensure equipment and materials prepared for PE lessons meet the needs of the PE staff, to support the best learning outcomes for students.
- Helping with the organisation and running of events such as offsite and on-site fixtures, after school sports clubs/events, sports presentation evenings, sports days, inter-school competitions and open evenings.
- Photocopying/laminating for the PE department and to promote sports activities and healthy lifestyles across the Academy
- To undertake safety checks as required and comply with the requirements of Health and Safety and other relevant legislation and school documentation, in relation to all sports equipment and apparatus. Reporting any issues, in a timely manner to appropriate staff
- In conjunction with PE staff, undertake the administration processes, in relation to arranging/confirming fixtures and produce fixture lists and ensure the Academy's calendar is appropriately updated.
- Ensure that sports related storage rooms are kept clean and tidy, and that equipment is stored in a safe and orderly fashion when not in use.
- Ensure that an understanding of the various Physical Education and Sport syllabus and schemes of work is developed in order to prepare for practical lessons adequately.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be determined from time to time by the Head of PE, or Principal, to support the overall needs of the Academy and are commensurate with the level of post.
- arranging and supervising a program of lunchtime activities
- maintaining sports equipment stock for lunchtime activities
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications, Knowledge & Training
- Experience or Interest in Sports and PE in Secondary Schools.
- Educated as a minimum to GCSE level grade C or above or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Good understanding of a range of sporting activities
- Experience or solid understanding of working as a sports technician/student supervisor in a school or educational establishment,
- Undertaking a range of sports related practical tasks
- Experience of managing and being responsible for own workload.
Personal Skills, Abilities & Qualities
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Good organisational and planning skills, including prioritising tasks.
- Ability to think creatively to anticipate and solve routine problems
- Ability to encourage and inspire young people to achieve and enjoy sporting activities/heathy lifestyle.
- Ability to work as part of a team, working effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities.
- Computer literate â€“ must have good ICT skills including a working knowledge of MS packages
- Ability to work using own initiative, exercising good judgement, and following academy rules were unsupervised.
- Flexibility of approach to work
- Ability to carry out routine maintenance of equipment
- Ability to contribute to the maintenance of accurate work records and inventories
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
This job post has expired.