Who we’re looking for
We are currently seeking to recruit a team of experienced and talented teachers who have considerable success in delivering the GCSE in English Language and Literature.
This is an exciting and challenging post working within a small team to deliver our ambition to secure life-changing outcomes for young people in disadvantaged communities. You will deliver tuition to groups of six GCSE pupils at a time – all of whom have the potential to secure a Grade ‘5’ in English Language and Literature. Working closely with the regular teacher, you will devise and deliver a tuition programme during the school day that complements their learning in the classroom.
As Star Tutor, you would be deployed into two of our schools in one of three regions: North West, Bradford or West Midlands – spending two days at each school and working from home for one day each week.
You will have:
- A degree in English or related subject.
- A passion for securing life-changing outcomes for young people in disadvantaged communities.
- Experience of successful delivery of GCSE English Language and Literature.
- Knowledge of the AQA specification in GCSE English Language and Literature.
- A willingness to work with young people and their teachers and leaders across two schools.
About Star Central
Star Central, which is based at our head office in Blackburn, Lancashire, provides leadership, strategic direction and support to Star Academies, Star Institute and our schools.
The Star Central team includes experts from a range of professional backgrounds, who work together to provide an outstanding support service to the Star community. We support our schools to provide educational and operational excellence and to cultivate a strong Star community, with the aim of nurturing today’s young people and inspiring tomorrow’s leaders.
This job post has expired.