Permanent and Maternity Cover position available -please specify on your application which post you are applying for
The Portsmouth Academy is seeking to appoint a Student Engagement Worker to join our supportive and dynamic staff team. The successful candidate will promote the development of the physical and mental well-being of pupils as directed by the Teacher.
The principal responsibilities of this post are to enable students to access learning by supervising and assisting them (one to one and in small groups) across a wide range of activities and supported learning. You will also be required to support student interventions across the school such as Breakfast Club, Homework Club and Reading Intervention.
What you will need to succeed:
- Previous experience of working with young people to support their physical and mental wellbeing
- Excellent written and communication skills
- You will be educated to a minimum requirement of Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
- You will have high levels of motivation, energy and commitment with a reflective approach to the role and the ability to work to build positive relationships with students and their parents/carers
The Portsmouth Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
We are a “Microsoft Showcase School” due to our approach to digital learning. The academy has launched a one:one device policy, so every child in Year 7 and Year 8 has their own laptop.
What our Trust will offer you:
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- An excellent Local Government pension scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You - A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- Support staff have access to 'Discount for Teachers' with a huge range of money saving deals and vouchers
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
- Free parking in our staff car park
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.