- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Circa £24K (39 weeks TTO+5)
Term Time Only + 5 training days which means an incredible 13 weeks holiday!
Salary: Full Time Equivalent (FTE): SO1 Circa £28K (52 weeks)
Actual Salary: Circa £24K (39 weeks TTO+5)
Access to a range of exclusive benefits (Retail Discounts, Discounted Gym Memberships, Dental Care, Online Offers, Cycle to Work Scheme) through ‘MyLifestyle’ and an outstanding local pension
Hours: 8:00am– 4:00pm Monday to Thursday, Friday from 8:00am -3:30pm
An exciting opportunity for a Student & Parent Engagement Officer to work our off-site provision ELECT, where you will be supporting the learning and delivery of an alternative curriculum to our students. You will be flexible with excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for working in support of young people. This is a permanent, full time role to start as soon possible.
As a Student & Parent Engagement Officer you will be required to have:
• experience of working with young people and developing them within an agreed behaviour management policy
• the ability to develop positive relationships with a wide range of young people, providing pastoral support that has demonstrable impact on improving outcomes
• an up-to-date working understanding of:
o the Alternative Provision availability within Leeds
o current practice and procedures within Social Care with regard to Child Protection plans and conferences
• the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents/carers and to represent the school professionally at external meetings
• the ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating a positive attitude and resilient nature
We can offer you:
• a welcoming team committed to improving outcomes for all our students
• continued professional development opportunities
To find out more about this please contact Andrew Beecroft, Deputy Principal on 0113 3900770 extension 7256.
Temple Moor High School and Sixth Form is part of the Red Kite Learning Trust and the Red Kite Alliance.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. Appointments are made subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
Applying for the job
Please use link below More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1299 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Temple Moor High School
Temple Moor is a confident and outward-facing school, at the heart of our local community in Leeds. The school adapts well to the changing schools’ and educational landscape; better prepared to meet the needs and aspirations of all our learners.
We are part of the Red Kite Learning Trust, which has a philosophy deeply rooted in professional generosity and in helping young people excel within their own schools, and beyond. We believe we have found the right partner to help us to improve standards still further for all our students and to secure our long-term vision – helping us to become a centre of excellence at the heart of the community..